Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Does Aruba OS-CX have ZTP support?

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Does Aruba OS-CX have ZTP support?

Posted May 31, 2019 03:48 PM

Hello experts!

I was wondering whether the OS-CX has ZTP capabilities.

For instance, for the ArubaOS devices, I found a user guide which explains how to set ZTP via AirWave, or how to configure a DHCP server and a TFTP server if I wish not to use AirWave for pushing ZTP configs on ArubaOS devices.

However, for the OS-CX, I didnt see how this can be achieved.

Can you please let me know if you have any info/docs about that?

Thanks!

Tom

• 2.  RE: Does Aruba OS-CX have ZTP support?
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted May 31, 2019 08:19 PM

Given the Aruba 8320/8325 and 8400X switch series positioning (Core Campus) and the fact that AirWave 8 can't (actually) be used to manage such series I really doubt ZTP features were implemented on actual ArubaOS-CX software releases.

There is Aruba NetEdit that provide coordinated/orchestrated switch configurations...but I don't know if those features are among what you call ZTP Zero Touch Provisioning or if those features can be seen as ZTP ones...maybe a mix of Aruba NetEdit and Aruba CX Mobile App can be used for a Low (but non Zero) Touch Provisioning experience on ArubaOS-CX...YMMV.

• 3.  RE: Does Aruba OS-CX have ZTP support?

Posted May 31, 2019 08:29 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I am famliar with NetEdit, but I blieve that it does not offer ZTP (At least not according to the documents and user guides I have about NetEdit)

So as it seems, there is no ZTP option on the OS-CX?
    Good to clear this one up..

Thanks again for you inputs

• 4.  RE: Does Aruba OS-CX have ZTP support?

Posted Nov 16, 2019 11:34 AM

Hi, not sure when this was added, but in the 10.04 documentation ZTP is covered (Fundamentals guide):

https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads/documents/RmlsZTpiZTMwNGRkNi1mZjJmLTExZTktODY4OC01M2IzNjVkMTcwZGQ%3D

I have tested this with the 10.04 OVA and that worked fine using the mgmt interface.

• 5.  RE: Does Aruba OS-CX have ZTP support?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2019 04:46 PM

Great answer Peter, not sure if this still qualifies as ZTP after users have been exposed to Aruba Central based ZTP. However you are right it is DHCP based ZTP (or maybe rather zero touch deployment). 

The CLI config file needs to exist on a TFTP server and a suitable tools seems to be Aruba IMC (Imagine that - good old IMC).  IMC is quite OK to manage such files and also to create them with parameters. 

For my customer that uses HP Network Node Manager that is quite OK I am sure, given IMC has the linkage and interworking with HP NNM. (I guess it now is MicroFocus NNM if not renamed even more.