Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Account internet issue (HELP)

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Guest Account internet issue (HELP)

Posted Feb 25, 2019 12:10 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this aruba products, one of my customers has purchased 20 APs and I've configured them for Employees usage statically.They have two SSID one for Employees and another for Guest. Employees is working fine.

I'm facing issue for Guest account, as their employee network is on 172.20.x.x/16 and their gateway is also on 172.20.x.x network, customer asked to me to configure Guest on 192.168.x.x/24 network, how do i route guest traffic (192.168.x.x/24) to gateway which is on 172.20.x.x network ? 
    172.20/16 is on VLAN 1 and 192.168./24 is on VLAN 2? 

172.20/16 - Employees Network

192.168/24 - Guest Network 

Second question: what's this matter with Splash page ? customer doesn't have any external server. how to do i use it for guest ? I wan't guest network to be authenticated using credentials. 

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Guest Account internet issue (HELP)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 25, 2019 03:38 AM

You need a device such as a switch or router which has an interface in each of the VLAN's. These interfaces will be the default gateway for the client vlans and also perform the inter-vlan routing.