Community Feedback

Occasional Contributor I

Random Domain Users Trying to access My CorpWireless

Hello,

Recently, I have observed that random domains are trying to access my corporate wireless which is being rejected by clearpass.

an example for this is as below:

1424021217514547@wlan.mnc002.mcc424.3gppnetwork.org

1424021214868847@wlan.mnc002.mcc424.3gppnetwork.org

One thing to mention is that it is coming from only one location in a remote site.

Guru Elite

Re: Random Domain Users Trying to access My CorpWireless

Did you accidentally configure hotspot profiles on your SSID?  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_85_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/hotspot/hots-adve-prof.htm

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
MVP Guru

That are users that try to use Mobile phone SIM authentication on your SSID. You can look up: mcc 424 / mnc 002 is the provide Etisalat in the United Arab Emirates.

Either you, as suggested, configured hotspot 2.0/802.11u on your SSID, or these users manually configured their device with EAP-SIM/EAP-AKA.

Or, you used the same SSID as an SSID elsewhere configured for SIM authentication and the client just tries to authenticate when it recognizes the SSID.

Do you recognize any of these conditions?

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks, Joseph and Herman for the reply.

I have checked in the controller if hotspot 2.0 were enabled and it was not, the profile was set to N/A. I would assume that this is not enabled.

Any other ideas? 

Your replies are highly appreciated

Guru Elite

If it is the same clients, it could be a couple misconfigured clients occasionally attempting to attach to your network.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: