Community Feedback

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Remota Ap Provisioning

Hi Again Airheads community While attempting to provision an Aruba RAP-02WG, on my controller, I found that I was not able to successfully push an active profile to the unit. So, I reset the unit and when it appeared on the controller's WIRELESS--AP PROVISIONING page, one of the flags indicates that its unlicensed. I've tried to copy that page as bast a possible to give readers a sense of what the line item referencing that AP looks like in textual format below: Wireless > AP Installation > Provisioning Provisioning Provisioning Profile Whitelist Search Search AP Name ▲ AP Group ▲ AP IP ▲ AP Type ▲ AP MAC Address ▲ AP Serial Number ▲ Flags ▲ Status ▲ 00:0b:86:c3:18:c6 default 192.168.1.68 RAP-2WG 00:0b:86:c3:18:c6 AH0078116 IL Up 3m:3s The "IL" designation suggests Inactive and Unlicensed. Can someone guide me on how to effectively make this AP active? Do I have to license it? If I recall correctly, the Controller can accept up to 9 AP licenses of which only 2 are active. There are license number indications for Campus AP's (CAP's) and Remote AP's RAP's with a remaining CAP or RAP capacity of 7 total. Any ideas or guidance is appreciated. Thanks again as always. 3V3N
Guru Elite

Re: Remota Ap Provisioning

What is the output of "show keys" on the controller?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Here is that output as requested:

(Aruba651) #show keys

Licensed Features
-----------------
Feature Status
------- ------
Access Points 9
RF Protect 0
VPN Server Module 512
xSec Module 0
Next Generation Policy Enforcement Firewall Module 0
Advanced Cryptography 0
RF Protect DISABLED
Policy Enforcement Firewall DISABLED
VPN Server ENABLED
Wired 802.1X ENABLED
xSec Module DISABLED
Power Over Ethernet ENABLED
Policy Enforcement Firewall for VPN users DISABLED
Advanced Cryptography DISABLED
Maritime Regulatory Domain DISABLED

3V3N

Guru Elite

Type "show ap license-usage" when you have the issue.

Type "show log system 50" to see if there is also a message.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: