Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless connectivity troubleshooting

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Wireless connectivity troubleshooting

Posted Apr 19, 2019 04:50 PM

Hi,

I have an aruba 620 (aos 6.4.4.6) with an ap105 configured as a campus ap.  I have the ap configured with a vap that is using vlan 103 with nat inside in tunnel mode.  Port 8 is my internet connection on vlan 255.  When I try to connect to wireless with the vap on vlan 103 i get a lot of rst and retransmissions (slow web page loads and sometime have to refresh the webpage multiple times before the page loads).  But when I change it back to use vlan 255 (same vlan as my port 8 feed) the retransmissions stop and wifi works fine.  Does anyone know why using vlan 103 with nat would cause so much bad traffic?

• 2.  RE: Wireless connectivity troubleshooting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2019 05:31 PM

Does vlan 103 have other users on it?

• 3.  RE: Wireless connectivity troubleshooting

Posted Apr 22, 2019 01:08 PM

No, it is only used for access to wireless, they get put in the authenticated role when they put in the correct wpa2 password.

• 4.  RE: Wireless connectivity troubleshooting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2019 01:18 PM

Did you turn on Broadcast Filtering on that Virtual AP profile?

• 5.  RE: Wireless connectivity troubleshooting

Posted Apr 22, 2019 07:08 PM

here is the vap basic tab configs:

vlan: 103

forward mode: tunnel

allowed band: g

band steering: unchecked

steering mode: prefer 5 ghz

dynamic multicast optimization: unchecked

drop broadcast and unknown multicast: unchecked

convert broadcast arp requests to unicast: checked

I am not seeing that specific config you are asking about... am I looking in the right place?

• 6.  RE: Wireless connectivity troubleshooting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2019 07:45 PM

Drop broadcast and unknown multicast should be enabled for better performance.

Why are you restricting it to only the G band (allowed bands)?  That would ensure poor performance.

• 7.  RE: Wireless connectivity troubleshooting

Posted Apr 23, 2019 06:06 PM

I had it originally set to the a band, since g is congested, but it had no affect so I just left it at g cause I didn't change it back to a.  So a or g band makes no difference it still has bad outcome of slow pages and resets...