Community Feedback

last person joined: 3 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

change in behaviour for Message Listing link?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  change in behaviour for Message Listing link?

Posted Dec 25, 2015 11:55 AM

noticed this recently, not sure how long it has been this case.

but the Message Listing link on a post seems to link back to the page where that post belongs based on date. so if a thread started a long time ago the Message Listing link we send you back to like page 80.

is this on purpose or not? i don't really see this usefulness of it.

• 2.  RE: change in behaviour for Message Listing link?

Posted Jan 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Are you referring to the link under the post to the left?  Usually it reads something like: "Message 12 of 13" ?

If so, this link will directly send you the post located in the thread, as it's the direct link URL.   This is the way it's always been.

If you spotted something that you think is a Community hiccup, then please send the link my way and I'll take a look. 

• 3.  RE: change in behaviour for Message Listing link?

Posted Jan 19, 2016 01:51 PM

no i mean the text "Message Listing" within a thread, like this one, there is one on the top and bottom of the thread.

with a current post it links to the main (first) page: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Feedback/bd-p/community-feedback-and-support

but if this had been an older thread the "Message Listing" now links to the page where the thread first started.

so for example: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Feedback/bd-p/community-feedback-and-support/page/3

which is kinda useless, as you usually want to jump back to the first page anyway.

just my feeling it changed and was wondering if it is on purpose or not.

• 4.  RE: change in behaviour for Message Listing link?

Posted Feb 16, 2016 10:44 AM

Hello,

The "Message Listing" will take you back to the page in the board where that thread is listed.  That's why if you're clicked on a topic that's listed on page 3, when you click "Message Listing" it will take you back to page 3.

If you want to get back to the first page of the board then you can use the top navigation.  For example, clicking on "Community Feedback" will take you back to page 1: HOME > COMMUNITY > COMMUNITY > COMMUNITY FEEDBACK  

Hope this helps!

• 5.  RE: change in behaviour for Message Listing link?

Posted Feb 16, 2016 03:02 PM

that part i understand.

but when a thread that is on page 3 is replied to it moves to page 1. if you then click the Message Listing you still are send back to page 3.

it isn't a big issue but im quite sure this wasn't the case in the past and is now, don't know exactly since when.