Blogs

Creating and Viewing Support Case from Airheads Social

By alc posted Mar 16, 2013 04:38 PM

We are pleased to announce several exciting new features connecting Airheads, Aruba Support Center and Partner Center.  If you have a valid support contract with Aruba Networks, you now have the ability to submit a new support request, view and update existing support cases from the Airheads community. After logging into Airheads with an entitled Single Sign-On account, you will see three new buttons on the right hand column of the community home screen.

3 buttons.jpg

The “Create Case” button allows you to enter a new support request directly from the community. After the case creation window opens, type your question in the subject line. A list of search results from Aruba Networks’ Online resources (Airheads, Support Center and Corporate Website) will automatically appear. Click on the search results to see if they provide relevant information related to your question. If you are unable to find a suitable answer in these search results, simply complete rest of the required fields and click on “Submit” to enter your support case.

create case gsa.jpg

The “View Case” button allows you to view existing support cases under your account. Clicking on this button will take you to either the Support Center or Partner Center (depending on your account entitlement status).

support view case.jpg

View Case In Support Center

partner view case.jpg 

View Case in Partner Center

The “Download Software” button will take you directly to the Support Center software download area:

download software.jpg

In addition to these new features, you may now submit a support case directly from your community post. A “Create Case” button will appear on the upper right-hand corner of your post if it has not yet received a reply after 48 hours. To forward your post to the support team, simply click on “Create Case”, fill out all of the required fields and click “Submit”.

escalate case from thread.jpg

You need to access Airheads with an entitled email address in order to take advantage of these new support integration features. To change your Airheads email address to an entitled company email address, click on the “Activate Support” button on the right hand column of the community home page.

A pop-up screen will appear, asking you to confirm your decision to change your account email address:

activate support pop up.jpg

Click on “Update User Information” and update the form with your entitled company email address.

update email.jpg

A confirmation email will be sent to your new email address. Follow the instructions in the confirmation email to complete the process. After logging out and logging back in with your entitled email address, you will be ready to use these new support integration features in Airheads!

We hope you enjoy these new support integrations. Please leave your feedback and questions in the comment section below.

51 comments

Comments

Dec 14, 2017 08:46 AM

cant find create a case button. Why do you make is soooo hard to get support for your products? We as customers pay good money and sometimes rarely need support.

Sep 07, 2017 04:29 AM

Try to update W620 to the 6.4.4.14, but constantly message to less disk space (70MB Needed).. I got 68MB free.

No other files left on the flash.. deleted all logs and crash information. But still not possible..

What can I do to get our WIFI be operational again? (Certificate is expired) and our customs certificate isnt accepted.. So want to upgrade to the newest 6.4.x.x version.

PLEASE help and advice.

Apr 10, 2017 09:32 PM

jimmy cdheck your certificate settings on your devices thats ussually a
easy place to syart

Apr 10, 2017 09:32 PM

jimmy cdheck your certificate settings on your devices thats ussually a
easy place to syart

Mar 27, 2017 01:16 AM

Hi Support,

i have win10 and iphone7 connect with WPA2-enterprise (AD login) issue, my controller is 7010 with OS_70xx_6.4.3.4_51619. currently using ternimation connect with win2008 radius server.

i want to know if i upgrade to lastest OS version (ArubaOS_70xx_6.5.0.4_58404) can solve win10/iphone7 cannot connect issue without configuration?

Thanks

Jimmy

Dec 06, 2016 05:09 AM

Hi All, 

Need help. I have 3 AP -->i will use 2 AP for broadcast signal and 1 AP for dedicated Air Monitoring (AM), WIP (for jamming other SSID).

As I know, we will need 3 LIC-RFP, 3 LIC-PEF, 3 LIC-AP  to activate the feature. And not only 1 LIC RFP, can you explain more about this?

is it only the AP as dedicated AM will jamming other SSID or is it all of the AP will jamming other SSID?

Thankyou and regards,

Feri

Nov 18, 2016 11:40 AM

I've got my new case opened at the new HPE page, and I can view it, but I'm not seeing my case history, nor my open cases. Prior post stated that 'Every thing is still in place' but I don't have links to the old system saved anywhere - I've been using the buttons on the Airheads Community page (which aren't in place) 

Jamie, can you get us a set of links for history until the future gets here?

Nov 18, 2016 09:51 AM

For those like me who probably deleted the email thinking it was spam go here:

https://cf.passport.hpe.com/hppcf/login.do?hpappid=118682_MYNETWORKING_PRO_HPE

You might have to reset your password

Frequently Asked Questions

Nov 18, 2016 09:09 AM

Every thing is still in place, the system changed is all. If your email was tried to a support contact you received instructions on the course of action needed to carry on as usual and view all your cases and access support.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Nov 18, 2016 08:06 AM

So there is no way to view/edit tickets in the interim?

Nov 18, 2016 07:21 AM

Yeah, we have transitioned to a new support system. Everyone with a support contract was contacted regarding the change. We are in the process of updating the "How to" and it (create a case button) will return once complete.

[aruba-hp-signature-2_160x105.jpg]

Jamie Easley
Community Administrator| ACMP, CWNA, Security + | Southeast
M: 786.766.8650 | @Jamie_easley
96 Craig St. Suite 104 | ELLIJAY, GA 30540

Airheads Community <> | FOLLOW US | Twitter<> | LinkedIn<>

Nov 17, 2016 07:00 PM

I can not find the "create a case" buttons, and my email to support@arubanetworks.com disappeared (no bounce, and no autogenerated case reply) 

Has the process changed?

Nov 09, 2016 12:26 AM

Is it possible to apply L3 mobility between Aruba Cluster and Alcatel- Lucent Cluster

Nov 07, 2016 10:02 AM

Please create a new thread in the appropriate topic discussion forum.

Nov 07, 2016 10:00 AM

How to assign a VLAN from a list of vlans to users based on their roles? For instance, faculty get assigned ip addresses from a pool while students get assigned from different pool. Also the DHCP is a windows 2012 sever. We use the captive portal to authenticate users; the authentication servers are ldap. We use aruba 7020 controller. Is this possible?

Oct 31, 2016 02:25 AM

how i open a case

Oct 13, 2016 12:14 AM

Hi aruba

Help me please.

I cannot import file patch 2 in cppm 6.6. because error process after upload file than not complete.

Thank you

Sep 18, 2016 06:18 PM

about training...the video entitled "networking fundimentals" which is part of the must have training

leading up to the ACMA is not functiong ...there seems to be a bot on that site...can this issue be resolved

Aug 24, 2016 01:03 PM

Thanks Jamie!

Aug 24, 2016 12:57 PM

Discuss > Wireless Access > Start A Topic

Aug 24, 2016 12:57 PM

On the home page for the community you can ask a question. This will create a post for you if an accecptable  solution isnt found. You only need to select the board for the post to reside. In this case it will be the wireless access board

Aug 24, 2016 12:54 PM

I am new - how do I do that?

Aug 24, 2016 12:49 PM

Please create a new thread.

Aug 24, 2016 12:47 PM

Hello

I am running the Aruba3600 on software 6.4.2.12 - everything works fine. I have a windows 200R2 network with clients authenticated by a Windows Server and then assigned an IP by the same Windows DHCP server. My problem is that each time I upgrade to any operating software above 6.4.2.12 at least half my clients start to experience problems receiving an IP address. The moment i roll back to 6.4.2.12 everything is fine again??? 

May 23, 2016 05:56 AM

Hello,

I am newbie of Aruba Cloud, I have assigned IAP into group, but in the group cannot see any IAP in Access Point page, what I can do ?

Thanks

Apr 26, 2016 03:08 AM

Hello every one,

I need soem help.

I have the problem. I was recovery startup configuration and lose some MAC address on internal DB.

What's problem for this case?

Thank you very much!

Dec 15, 2015 01:31 PM

@GBrun DM'd you

Dec 15, 2015 10:38 AM

How do I post to community?  I just recently created a profile and need to get help from fellow Airheads.

Nov 30, 2015 07:37 AM

Please create a new thread.

Sent from Nine

Nov 30, 2015 04:15 AM

I am using on guard client version 6.5.3.75575 running windows 7 enterprise x64 bit.

Realize that the on guard client will have intermittent issue authenticating, what was observe was when the issue happen; wired NIC card icon show on "Network Connections" will keep flasing "Authenticating". 

We are using eap-tls for authetication. 

Nov 17, 2015 02:34 PM

I Would like to update firmware for Aurba A93 Series and A 205. My Current version of Firmware is 6.4.2.0. How do i download firmware manually. 

Oct 28, 2015 02:20 PM

Hi,

I need change my email on my account setting but seems like is readonly.

Help!!

Oct 07, 2015 09:48 PM

Will AP-220-MNT-W2  mounting kit  block Kensington security slot at AP 215?

Sep 01, 2015 05:37 PM

I have started a thread on the subject here:

I have opened a TAC case by other methods and will post notes to the thread as I get them from my case.

Sep 01, 2015 05:23 PM

Create case does not work, nor does it provide a errror message about why it will not create a case.  

Sep 01, 2015 08:28 AM

Dear Team

we are not able to connect with my Aruba AP 205 first time. When we trying to configure Aruba the defult SSID is not broadcasting.

We will be greatful if you could provide the solution on Priroty basis.

Thansk

Sandeep Sharma

Aug 31, 2015 12:21 PM

Can i use lighting arrestors to ground the AP-270 or do i have to run #8 AWG cable back to the electrical panel?

Jul 27, 2015 05:13 PM

Hi, what are you looking for assistance with? Also, please create a new topic.

Thanks,
Tim

Jul 27, 2015 05:11 PM

Good night!

this is my first post, and I appreciate the help.

one controller Model OAW-4604 Version: 6.3.1.5.
After 21 225.
Shed 2 levels 50metros x 60 meters "very APs" near the airport

4 SSID, the voice and video.
WPA-PSK tkip

802.11a Basic Rates 18-56
802.11a Transmit Rates 18-56
802.11g Basic Rates 18-56
802.11g Transmit Rates 18-56

RF Optimization Profile> RF_Optimization_Profile

BasicAdvanced
general
Station Handoff Assist ok
RSSI Falloff Wait Time 4 sec
Low RSSI Threshold 130
Check RSSI Frequency sec 3

Jul 14, 2015 01:06 AM

have AP105 on my network,

-gateway is 172.31.82.1

-dns servers 41.0.1.1

I configured a static ip on one of the aps172.31.82.10 and also configured it as a dhcp server.

I put the distribution on L2 and “other dhcp modes” on local, the clients get the right range of IP addresses but they can not connect back to the servers, they just connect to the AP but I can ping 172.31.82.1

What am I missing in my configurations for the clients and the ap to connect to the servers?

Jul 09, 2015 12:25 AM

OK

Feb 03, 2015 03:57 PM

Test Case

Aug 28, 2014 01:15 PM

My IAP 135 shows the following error at the console:

asap_user_update_stm_bridge_user : Stack IP is 0

and the radios cannot come up even after factory reset.

Please help.

Jun 02, 2014 10:02 PM

Hi,

Is there a link on " How to retrieve serial numbers for amigopod and controllers"?

Pls share.

Mar 20, 2014 07:02 AM

I can't find the "Create Case", "View Case" and  "Download Software" buttons on page. And I got deny in access to "Download Software" page on support.arubanetworks.com. What I doing wrong?

Feb 03, 2014 09:15 PM

Mar 25, 2013 02:29 PM

Thank you for your feedback Ryan. I will forward it to our developers.

Mar 25, 2013 09:21 AM

The after-48h-create-case feature is nice, however it only opens the case with the subject equal to the post topic/title. The body of the post is not forwarded into the case automatically. That information (and any attachments) should definitely be included . . .

Mar 18, 2013 12:27 PM

Hi jcameron,

Please check your PM.

Thanks

Anton

Mar 18, 2013 10:21 AM

I don't see the Create Case/Update Case or Download Software. But when I go to support.arubanetworks.com  while logged into Airheads, I get logged in.

Mar 17, 2013 12:57 AM

nice tool

Thanks ALC