Blogs

It's a Community Fight

By PegahKamal posted Sep 30, 2015 01:57 PM

During our 2014 summer intern program, the Aruba Networks marketing team came across a unique andCarter.jpg bright individual, Carter Fulhorst. There wasn’t a moment that I didn’t laugh or appreciate his eagerness and passion to be the best that he could be. At the time, Carter was working on attaining a degree in Psychology with a double major in Economics from the University of Santa Cruz (Go Slugs!). He believed that this powerful combination would be extremely helpful in his future as a marketer and that is what brought him to Aruba. Like all of our internships we try to offer maximum exposure to the different facets of any job. For Carter, this included social media and blogging.

One of my goals as Aruba’s Social Media Manager is to make sure we provide value in every piece of content that we share with you, including our intern blogs. The purpose of our intern blogs is to provide a different perspective of Aruba to our future workforce and potential Aruba employees. Although it took a little coaxing at first, Carter took the ‘bull by the horns’ and started his own personal blog about his Aruba internship, called “Carter’s Marketing Experience”. His blogs provides great tips to aspiring marketers. In his last blog, which is one of my favorites, #GenMobile: A tech revolution, Carter shares what it means to be #GenMobile through his experience both at Aruba and school.

So why am I sharing this?

Today we learned that Carter has taken on a new life challenge - cancer. In May 2015 Carter was diagnosed with a rare cancer known as Germ Cell Cancer. We also learned that his mom has also been battling cancer for four years.

We are reaching out to the community to help Carter and his family’s fight against cancer.

Want to know more?

For additional information about the Fulhorst’s story, visit their GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/4r4xhru4

How can you help?

You can provide a donation via the family’s GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/4r4xhru4

Where does my donation go?

Proceeds from this campaign will help the following: medical bills (co-pays for treatment and drugs); household expenses (mortgage and meals); transportation (gas and hospital parking).  Any monies over and above what is needed will be used for Carter when he returns to U.C.S.C.

Have more questions about this GoFundMe campaign?

Specific questions about this GoFundMe campaign can be directed to Jackie Whittier Kubicka, Executive Director, familiesCAN at the following email address: familiescanprogram@sbcglobal.net.

0 comments