Advantages of Deploying Air Monitors.
|Question||Why should we deploy Air monitors in our network?|
|What are the advantages of deploying AM?|
Following is the advantage of deploying Air monitors:
1. AM have more robust containment. AP will not change channel to contain off channel rogue if it has a active client associated with it. AM will hop to the channel containing rogue alternatively. If there is a rogue on channel 11 the channel scan would look roughly like 11, 6, 11, 2, 11, 1,,11, 3, 11, 6, 11..\
2. Non-802.11n AP will only scan in the regulatory domain. AM will scan all channels.
3. AP will scan a channel for less than 100ms so that a beacon is not missed in its own channel. AP will scan all channels according to the following:
all regulatory 200ms
4. Scanning will stop for AP depending upon the factors such as Voice, Video, high throughput or power save aware ( if enabled in ARM profile ). AM doesn't need to stop scanning for any of these factors.
5. AP's primary job is to service the clients. This it can take about 4 minutes to scan all channels. AM can take about 45 seconds to scan all channels.