How do I migrate the RF plan from the MMS to AirWave?
Question: How do I migrate the RF plan from the MMS to AirWave?
Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba controllers and ArubaOS versions.
1) The conversion tool is supported only in Internet Explorer 7.
2) All access points exported from the MMS must be managed by AMP prior to importation. The AMP validation process will fail if any access point exported is not managed by AMP.
To migrate the RF plan from the MMS to AirWave, follow these steps:
1) Navigate to AMP Setup > NMS.
2) Click Import floor plans from MMS.
3) Enter the following information:
- Host: enter the hostname or IP address of the MMS server
- Username: enter the MMS administrative user account.
- Context (optional): restrict to a particular building, campus context, or leave blank for all floor plans.
4) Click Export. A page is displayed that provides the status of the export.
5) When the export process is complete, click Validate.
This validates the XML exported from the MMS.
You are redirected to the Bulk Importation Wizard, which is launched to import the exported floor plans into the AMP.
If the XML has any errors, related error messages are displayed.
6) If no import errors occur, click Next to complete the process.
Note: This validation process is all or nothing. All errors must be resolved prior to the importation. If any APs are on floor plans within the MMS, they must be present and managed by the AMP.
Note: Importing a large number of floor plans can impact the performance of the AMP server. The VisualRF service must create a thumbnail, provision APs, create attenuation grid, and locate all the clients on each imported floor plan.