What licenses are required for master and local MUX configuration?

Aruba Employee
Aruba Employee

Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba controllers and ArubaOS 3.x.


To support the Wired Access Multiplexers (2400E, 800E), the Aruba controller, which acts as MUX server, must have one AP license for each MUX unit. No other license or special configuration is required.


 However, if the AP-2E will be used, a Remote Access Point (RAP) license is needed to provide IPsec encryption and split tunnel features. To configure the Wired MUX, you must specify the IP address of the MUX server and identify the ports that are to be used as active MUX ports. Tunnels are established between the controller and each active MUX port on the Wired MUX.


Also, all MUX units should be running the same version of software as the MUX server.


Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎07-09-2014 01:54 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: