How to configure management authentication on IAP using Tacacs Server?
Instant access points come with default username and password i.e admin/admin. This does not go long way, as the IAP start finding their place in campus and corporate networks.
With many administrators managing and monitoring the clustered IAP networks, TACACS or Active Directory based authentication is more useful.
Keep this in view, IAP development teams have integrated TACACS and Radius based management authentication.
Follow the below steps to configure radius authentication in IAP:
- Login to IAP web interface
- Select "System" from the main menu and then click on "Admin" tab
- Under local authentication, select as "Authentication Server"
- Under the "Auth Server 1" Select "New Server"
- Filling the name, IP address and shared key for Tacacs server and click OK.
Logout of the IAP web interface and try logging in using the username and password on TACACS server.