How to retrieve the core file from the IAP.
We need GUI access to IAP to get the tech support and to retrieve the core files.
Whenever an internal process crashes in an IAP, it will generate a core dump and store it till is rebooted. This file can be downloaded and sent to TAC for further analysis.
1. To check if there is a core file present on the IAP run the command #show version. If there is a core file, it will give a core file url:
show version Aruba Operating System Software. ArubaOS (MODEL: 225), Version 22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199 Website: http://www.arubanetworks.com Copyright (c) 2002-2015, Aruba Networks, Inc. Compiled on 2015-07-25 at 04:49:45 PDT (build 50989) by p4build AP uptime is 23 hours 48 minutes Reboot Time and Cause: unknown Core file URL: http://192.168.1.64/core/ end of show version
2. Open the link in the browser:
3. Click on the hyperlinks to download the core files.
4. Get the tech support for that AP:
5. Send both of these files to Aruba TAC for further analysis.
There is extra configuration needed for this operation.
We can verify if the IAP has core dump by executing the "show version" command. If the show version command shows the core URL, it is verified it has a core dumo which can be retrieved for further analysis by Aruba TAC.