Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: 2 AP 105's - Issue

No, I get that.  But, if I set two more trunks on say switch 3 to both IAP's as you mentioned, will that data from those trunks pass along the main trunk I have connecting my switches and gateway?  I have to get back to my gateway for these new trunks I will setup for the IAP's.

Highlighted
MVP Expert

It should work.

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Highlighted

Will I also be able to access my guest AP's GUI interface if native vlan is vlan 2?  I had issues yesterday with that because my computer is in vlan 1.

Highlighted
MVP Expert

You should , please follow the screenshots . Allow VLAN 1 in that trunk and also assign an ip address to the virtual controller that is part of 192.168.1.0 segment .
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Highlighted
MVP Expert

That will give access to the guest IAP and employee IAP and both have predictable addresses too
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Highlighted

Great, I will try this.  

Highlighted

UPDATE:

I haven't made any changes yet.

My first AP is not acting right again, the client isn't updating the ip when connecting to the empoyee ap on vlan 1.  I have the wired settings set to Access mode, not trunking and native mode is set to native vlan 1.  This should work and now it isn't.  I have been reading many other people having issues with Arubas and they enable ip helper, but that shouldn't be needed because it is a layer 2 switch.  Once I issue a ip config /release and ipconfig /renew all is well and it gets an ip address.  It is like it is timing out from the AP on the intial connect.

Highlighted

So after working with Aruba Tech, it looks like they think it is an issue with the clients not sending a dhcp discover.  However, I have two identical machines, one has the issue and one doesn't.  So, I have a hard time believing it is a client issue.  If anybody else is having issues with these AP105's and dhcp let me know.  Anytime I do a ipconfig release/renew on the machines after connecting to either of our AP's, it then gets an dhcp address.  I dont' want to have my users type in ipconfig /release/renew when they want to connect to our network.

Let me know if anyone else has any ideas.  I thought maybe the intel card was an issue, tried new drivers, rolled back drivers, nothing works.  At a loss.

Highlighted
MVP Expert

I still think you might have a configuration issue .

In reality this is not a very complex scenario .

To confirm what TAC suggested why don't you run a packet capture on the client that is having the issue

As a test can you create an ip dhcp pool for your guest on the switch instead of using the one created inside the firewall ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Highlighted

Well, I did get a hold of Tac and we did run a packet capture on the ISA and on the client.  It looks like the client is not sending a dhcp discovery for whatever reason on the initial connect when the machine has been connected to a wireless network previously.  If the machine is rebooted I can connect to either AP, but one I go to the other AP it has issues and doesn't send the dhcp discovery.  I tested this at home to see if I would have the same issue and it did.  This points to a client issue from the sound of it, however, I can't explain the issue with the identical machines where one is okay and the other is not.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: