Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

225 mesh available?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  225 mesh available?

Posted May 04, 2016 08:16 AM

Hello,

I bought 6 access points a couple of years ago and was promised mesh functionality for these Aruba Instant 225's. I still have not gotten it. How could I get it? I don't have a support contract, I have relied on the automatic update function found in 225's.

Thanks...

• 2.  RE: 225 mesh available?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 04, 2016 08:36 AM

What version of IAP firmware are your 225s on? Mesh has been available on IAP for awhile now, since 4.2. If you google 'Aruba Instant Mesh Setup 225', there's at least a half-dozen tutorials here on Community.

• 3.  RE: 225 mesh available?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 11, 2016 05:47 AM

You can get InstantOS 4.2.2.0 here: http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=20375

That version supports Mesh on the 220-series.

• 4.  RE: 225 mesh available?

Posted May 12, 2016 05:59 AM

Thanks, great, I wasn't aware of that site (and additionally I was following the Airheads community's forum sticky thread titled "Recent IAP Firmware Releases" which has not been updated for a while). I have seen a similar site with only General Availability firmware versions before. Today morning I managed to update the 225s and meshing worked right away.