Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

4 of 30 units unable to access SSID or show attempts, what log would I look at?

Hey everyone,

I've inherited Aruba Instant Mesh setup at my work and I'm trying to track down some problems I'm encountering with several hand scanners that are refusing to connect to an SSID.

The units themselves are Falcon x3s, out of 30+ units, these ones four all dropped from the network yesterday around the same time. Attempts to rejoin them to the network are unsuccessful, while it can scan the broadcasted SSIDs, the production network is hidden. 

I've done warm reset, cold reset, and factory resets on the devices, but I'm still unable to connect to this particular SSID. 

The real odd part is the following detail: This SSID is a mirror copy of another SSID save for the name itself. That SSID which is also broadcast from the SAME APs works better than this problematic one.

For that reason, I'd like to know which logs are relevant to me in investigating why certain units are unable to connect to a particular SSID. Could someone point me in the write direction?

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: 4 of 30 units unable to access SSID or show attempts, what log would I look at?

You have 4 client devices that will not connect on the network, right?

Have you seen the article here?  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/How-to-troubleshoot-user-connectivity-issues-on-Instant-AP/ta-p/82142

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: