Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

802.1x machine based authentication on Aruba Instant

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  802.1x machine based authentication on Aruba Instant

Posted Jul 04, 2018 04:46 AM

I'm trying to get machine authentication working with Aruba Instant / IAP. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a tutorial that goes over the basic steps to achieve this? I think I've found one for Aruba mobility controllers (https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS%206_3_1_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/802.1x/Configuring_802_1x_Authe.htm) but not for Instant.

This is in a Windows environment, with a Win 2008 R2 NPS server, a Win 2008 R2 CA, and Win 8.1 and Win 10 clients. So ideally I need to know all of the requirements to get it working in that environment. I've already configured the CA to issue client certs, and group policy to enrol the clients, which is working for machine-based auth for wired connections. I'm hoping the same certs can be used for Wireless.

I actually already have user-based 802.1x working perfectly, need to move to machine-based, then user-based.