Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AIP lost connectivity

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AIP lost connectivity

Posted Dec 20, 2019 06:53 AM

Hello, 

i have a cluster of 4 AIPs (3x205 and 1x305 MASTER) for 2 years. The system was working properly since yesterday, when i try to add two new 305 IAP. 

Yesterday i added 2 new 305 IAP in the cluster and it worked fine since this morning. Now, i have lost the management (include ping) of the Virtual AP and the six IAPs. The SSIDs are working properly and the guest user have internet connection. On the other hand the domain users can't connect because the virutal controller can't connect to the radius. 

i tried to ping the APs from other device in the same vlan and they didn't reply.

I have seen via LLDP that tha IAPs are with correct IP address.

Could someone help me with this problem? Thanks

• 2.  RE: AIP lost connectivity

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2019 06:29 PM

I haven't experienced anything like this but I'd probably console to one of the AP's to see what I could see in the log and start troubleshooting there. If console isn't an option you could reboot the AP that was the master. 

The fact that you can't ping any of the AP's is a little odd. What version of code are they running?

• 3.  RE: AIP lost connectivity
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 23, 2019 02:30 AM

Hello,

I have found the problem. After i configured the news APs and changed the zone names, i restarted the aps one by one. I had configure the switch port with managment native vlan and tagged the ssids vlan, but when the aps restarted, the auto macro mode of port change the native vlan and the ports changed to default native vlan.

i have configured the ports again and disabled the auto macro configuration.