Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 315 managed by Aruba Controller 7010 now off the wifi LED

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP 315 managed by Aruba Controller 7010 now off the wifi LED

Posted Jan 17, 2019 08:53 AM

Hi,

I currently setup a wifi system for my client. We deploy 22 Aruba 315 with Aruba Controller 7010 and router Mikrotik CCR1036-8G-2S. 

Fews day, because we don't have stock of controller so we decide to run IAP for 22 AP. Now when I bring controller to there and connect it for manage 22 AP. I met a problem with convert task.

In details, when I setup everything done, I plus 1 AP to controller and confirmed that it works well, can access Internet normally.

But when I go to IAP of this AP, convert which type Campus APs managed by Mobility Controller.Convert IAP.jpg

It took very long time and when I check in controller, it shown with status down.status down.jpg

When I search around this community, someone said that must be enable CPS.CPS enable.jpg

I followed with that, and it show up with status UP. 

status up.jpg

But when I check on that AP, it just continue green LED blinking at power signal and wifi LED signal turn off. And even I try to remove it out of  controller's database, reboot it and check again, but still not works!

Someone please help me to figure out this problem!

• 2.  RE: AP 315 managed by Aruba Controller 7010 now off the wifi LED

Posted Jan 17, 2019 09:09 AM

I can think of two possible issues:

1. have you applied AP license to controller? in cli do "show license"

2. I saw AP in default group.  Does your default group have virtual AP and are the RF enable or maybe in am mode? Try "show ap-group default".

• 3.  RE: AP 315 managed by Aruba Controller 7010 now off the wifi LED

Posted Jan 17, 2019 09:12 AM

Hi ngutri,

Can you explain more about the suggest "Does your default group have virtual AP and are the RF enable or maybe in am mode?" 

Because I just use Aruba solution for the first time, so in many thing I still feel confuse.

• 4.  RE: AP 315 managed by Aruba Controller 7010 now off the wifi LED

Posted Jan 17, 2019 09:14 AM

Hi ngutri, 

It's still not have license yet.

• 5.  RE: AP 315 managed by Aruba Controller 7010 now off the wifi LED
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 17, 2019 09:15 AM

Without license AP will not transmit. 

• 6.  RE: AP 315 managed by Aruba Controller 7010 now off the wifi LED

Posted Jan 17, 2019 09:16 AM

Hi ngutri,

So if I add license for controller, does I have to configure something anymore?

• 7.  RE: AP 315 managed by Aruba Controller 7010 now off the wifi LED

Posted Jan 17, 2019 09:20 AM

Yes, many configurations need to be done.  Check https://ase.arubanetworks.com/ to find some configurations that may suit your need.  Also try configuration wizard in the controller.  

Check this out: https://blogs.arubanetworks.com/solutions/aruba-os-first-time-configuration-workflow/

• 8.  RE: AP 315 managed by Aruba Controller 7010 now off the wifi LED

Posted Jan 17, 2019 09:22 AM

Okay, I will try it at tomorrow. Hope that it works fine.

• 9.  RE: AP 315 managed by Aruba Controller 7010 now off the wifi LED

Posted Jan 24, 2019 09:12 PM

Hi ngutri,

After a week to figure out this problem, now I have a license for it. And as you said before, without license, the APs just can added to controller but can enabled wifi function. 

Now with the license get from HPE portal, it works totally!

Thanks in advanced!