Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

AP-375-US with RW controller.

Hi.

I want to setup a new network with Aruba AP-375 access points and controller for control them. 

Is possible to use US version for access points and RW version on the controller ? 

I am from an europe country and I know i need to use RW parts, but i read some speculations about access points if you use them with a controller the RW regulations will be used on the AP, so i think not matter if the AP are RW or US model, right ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Aruba

Re: AP-375-US with RW controller.

Actually, you can. But a -RW controller and -US access point should not have ended up in the same country in the first place..

With recent code, the regulatory version of an AP becomes irrelevant when connecting to a controller. The controller determines the regulatory behavior and restrictions of all APs terminating on that controller, regardless of the "flavor" of AP.

But you would be violating regulatory rules (which is illegal) when using that -US AP in Europe without a -RW controller.

/Onno

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Please see this previous post: https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/APs-and-controllers-in-different-countries/m-p/515830#M89276

Dustin Burns
Senior Mobility and Access Engineer @WEI
ACMX #509 | ACCX #1272 | ACSA | ACDA | ACEA | CCNP | CCDP | CCNA Wireless

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for the url. I don't find it before. If the mods think this post it is duplicate can remove it.

So the answer is: NO, we cannot use US ap on RW controller or vice-versa.

Highlighted
Aruba

Actually, you can. But a -RW controller and -US access point should not have ended up in the same country in the first place..

With recent code, the regulatory version of an AP becomes irrelevant when connecting to a controller. The controller determines the regulatory behavior and restrictions of all APs terminating on that controller, regardless of the "flavor" of AP.

But you would be violating regulatory rules (which is illegal) when using that -US AP in Europe without a -RW controller.

/Onno

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: