Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-93 INSTANT

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-93 INSTANT

Posted Jun 20, 2013 09:43 AM

I have a client running 4 of these devices in their hotel.

The Internet is workign fine etc, but I appear to have an issue logging into the unit themselves using http://instant.arubanetworks.com to gain access to the control portal.

I have tried a variety of web browsers, and its always the same, the bar slides up as though trying to connect and then just times out, so unable to access them.

I tried to just work on once device, turning off the other three, and had the same issue.

I them wiped the one controller to factory default, and I can get back into the device and configire it as required, so I updated teh firmware to the latest release.. but... I don't want to lose the settings of the units I have oin place at the moment, so I decided to follow the following plan:

I removed the freshly wiped unti from the nextwork and powered up just one of the other deviices.
    I tried to log into it, and again, same problem, it just appears to time out.

I then added the freshly wiped unti tot the network, and as expected the current device recognised it as a new device and programmed it to work on the network etc.

I removed the second unit, and restarted the freshly configured unit again.... and once agaian I amunable to access the web portal.

again.

Can anyne suggest the best way to try and resolve thei weird issue????

Many thanks

Gordon Keenan

• 2.  RE: AP-93 INSTANT

Posted Jun 20, 2013 09:51 AM

Can you reach it using the IP address of the device ?

What IAP OS you are running ?

But it should work with the URL .

Does it happened when you are connected to the instant SSID or when you are on wired ?

• 3.  RE: AP-93 INSTANT

Posted Jun 20, 2013 10:02 AM

I am trying to connect using the wireless SSID, and I have not tried to connect to it directly using it's IP address, but I can try that tomorrow when I pop back in to see the client.

I tried to access it wired as well, with the same result...

The firmware being used in the model I reset is now the current firmware, the other 3 should auto update to this once a new fimware is detected?

If there are any pointers you caould give me try when I pop back in tomorrow I'd relaly appreciate it!

Gordon

• 4.  RE: AP-93 INSTANT

Posted Jun 20, 2013 10:08 AM

Few questions/tips.

• DHCP IS DONE BY THE iAP VC ? (ON THE SSID YOU TRYING TO CONNECT FROM?)
    • DNS provided by?
    • THE SSID YOU TRYING TO LOGIN IN TO THE GUI FROM IS GIVING GUEST RULES OR Employee RULES? Try to do it directly from Employee CONFIGURED SSID.
    • ARE U USING GW SYSTEM LIKE NOMAIDX or COLUBRIS or smilier ? If so - it will now let u log into the GUI (DNS and resolving to any client request is done by thoese units)  - you will have to configure for yourself a manage only ssid.

• 5.  RE: AP-93 INSTANT

Posted Jun 20, 2013 10:40 AM

DHCP is being done by a broadband router, but the clients who access the IAP are getting their IP's via the IAP.

The DNS is being provided by the router as well.

The SSID I'm logging into us for GUESTS, could that be part of the problem?

One interesting thing, that makes me think it's clearly a DNS issue, is that I have a unit here that I am currently working on.

I connect to it via the SSID, configure the unit to go onto the network here, and that's fine.

I can log into the unit no problem at all.

If I remove the PC from the wireless side, and try to access it via the PC, it's the same as the client... No access to the front end.

It's clear I'm missing something really simple here, I just need to sit here with this unit and try to work out a few different things and see how I get on.

Many thanks

• 6.  RE: AP-93 INSTANT

Posted Jun 20, 2013 10:42 AM

start by trying to login via an employee ssid. and tell us. (Wireless not wired)

• 7.  RE: AP-93 INSTANT

Posted Jun 21, 2013 08:44 AM

I visited the client today, and this time I obtained the IP address that the IAP was using by connecting to the router that the device was attached to, and managed to log in with no issues at all. No matter if I try and connect to it wirelessly, it will not do it. Really strange!

As long as I can get access to the device than I'm happy enough with that, but it's clear that there is something in this setup that is not quite 100%, but heck, it's all working so U guess that's all tat matters.

Many thanks for the assistance, appreciated.

Gordon