Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Access Hours for Aruba Instant

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP Access Hours for Aruba Instant

Posted May 13, 2015 12:02 PM

Just wondering if you guys are planning on implementing a feature that would allow admins to block connection to broadcast SSIDs during off hours for the Aruba Instant APs.  I have a branch that would like to "turn off" their APs during the weekend so noone can connect and I don't want to have them just unplug the devices.

I understand that this feature is available for other forms of administration for the APs (Airwave, i think?), but I need to use Aruba Central with my APs.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: AP Access Hours for Aruba Instant
    Best Answer

Posted May 13, 2015 12:20 PM

Hi Alan,

As of code version 4.0 there is no configuration options available on the IAP GUI or Central to turn off their radios in a timely manner. 

Other Possible solutions:

But if the instant APs are managed by Aruba Airwave then the Radio Enabled option allows you to disable the radio's ability to transmit or receive data while still maintaining Ethernet connectivity to the network. AMP will still monitor the Ethernet page and ensure the IAP stays online. This setting can be scheduled at an AP level or Group level.

NOTE: You cannot disable radios unless rogue scanning is disabled in Groups > Radio.

This was supported in IAP 3.3. If you are using templates you can create a variable for it and schedule the recurring change in AirWave.

In an environment where there is no Airwave but if the IAPs are connected and POE powered by Aruba mobility switches, then APs connected to an Aruba Mobility Access switch and sourcing power through POE can be powered down on a timely manner using the POE Time Range feature, the PoE on MAS supports time range for controlling the mode of the PoE power (enable/disable) to the PoE port.
    But this will bring down the IAP instead of just turn off their radios.

Please get in touch with your sales engineer to raise a feature request.

Thanks,

Maniraj

• 3.  RE: AP Access Hours for Aruba Instant

Posted May 14, 2015 08:18 AM

EDIT:

this feature will be released later this year on the IAP, not sure about central

• 4.  RE: AP Access Hours for Aruba Instant

Posted Aug 08, 2015 07:16 PM

Hello, would this enable me to provide granular time bound access control using the IAP software (either based on MAC address or on a specific SSID, but not for all users or SSID)?

Thank you

• 5.  RE: AP Access Hours for Aruba Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2015 07:20 PM
    You would do this in your RADIUS server/policy engine.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 6.  RE: AP Access Hours for Aruba Instant

Posted Aug 19, 2015 02:41 AM

Morning,

Does anyone know when this feature is gonna be available? I have two SSIDs and one (guest-ssid) should be off after 22:00CET till 07:00CET. Or is there another way for configuring this?

Kind regards,

Remko

• 7.  RE: AP Access Hours for Aruba Instant

Posted Sep 13, 2015 09:56 AM