Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-I 205- as a controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-I 205- as a controller

Posted Dec 16, 2014 05:24 AM

hey all,
    I need your advice about the AP-I 205
    I need to install this AP as a controller it need to in control 90 AP's and MAX of 1400 clients.
    it is O.K to use only one controller or its better to split it to 2 controllers?

thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: AP-I 205- as a controller

Posted Dec 16, 2014 06:01 AM

Hi Friend,

You mean IAP 205 ? and you want to bring up an IAP clustor with 90 APs ?

Please clarify, I can help you on this.

• 3.  RE: AP-I 205- as a controller

Posted Dec 16, 2014 07:06 AM

Ohad is speaking about InstantAP version = iAP-205

In a single cluster there can be up to 2000 devices with the lastest firmware as far i know.  Is not a hard limit but is recommended.

Just in AP 9x model the cluster is limited to 254 devices per cluster, but your AP is a 225 so you should be good to go!, you got the AP with the best CPU RAM of all Aruba APs.

• How many Instants APS you can connect together?

There is no limit as such, but the number of IAPs in that Instant network, managed by a single virtual controller, depends on the RF and also the client density.

• 4.  RE: AP-I 205- as a controller

Posted Dec 16, 2014 07:10 AM

i'm asking if its o.k to control in 90 aps with one iap 205 or it's better to split the control to two controllers each one control on 45 aps

• 5.  RE: AP-I 205- as a controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2014 07:12 AM
    Yes, you can use a single VC as long as your client ip space can handle the number of users.

Sent from Nine<>

• 6.  RE: AP-I 205- as a controller
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 16, 2014 07:14 AM

There is no hard limit.Yes , you can.

90 Units on 1 VC of iAP-205 will work,  there is no limit - it's all depandeds on amount of traffic & control .