Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP275 Issues

Posted Jul 11, 2014 08:51 AM

I just implemented a series of 5 275's at a campground. The closest APS are roughly 50 yards apart and have been up since Monday.

Yesterday when I did the post-installation survey the results showed all the APs on the same channels. If I change to manual configuration of the radios; set different channels and power settings; and turn ARM back on; will the radios default back to the old settings? I also noticed that when selecting a manual channel it only lists U-NII 3.

Next problem is that AP05 keeps switching from access mode to monitor mode and then it goes down. Accordingly to the log this is happening around 10 times a day. Its the AP furthest from the "cluster".  I did have a problem during installation where we found that the weatherproof connector for the ethernet would unplug the cable while being tightened. I dont think its the issue and I couldn't' confirm without a ladder yesterday.

• 2.  RE: AP275 Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2014 08:56 AM

PlayinPearls,

Is "Client-Aware" enabled in the ARM profile (it is by default)?  If it is, the access points will not change channel and power while users are associated to it and there is active client traffic.  By default it is enabled:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/ARM/ARM_Profiles.htm

What regulatory domain are the access points in?  Can you type "show log wireless 100" to determine why that access point is switching from access to air monitor mode?

• 3.  RE: AP275 Issues

Posted Jul 11, 2014 08:58 AM

It is, but the network hasn't been "announced" yet and yesterday I had 2 of 3 devices on the network. It has sat mostly unused. The test week starts monday.

• 4.  RE: AP275 Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2014 09:00 AM

What regulatory domain?  Uncheck ARM Client-Aware, make sure ARM Scanning is on and ARM is set to Single-Band and see if it changes channels.

What version of ArubaOS is it running and what regulatory domain?

• 5.  RE: AP275 Issues

Posted Jul 11, 2014 09:01 AM

ok.

US domain, 4.1 software.

• 6.  RE: AP275 Issues

Posted Jul 11, 2014 09:03 AM

I should clarify...

I see channels 1,6, and 11 on 2.4.

5ghz channels are all set on 149E and in ekahau are reported as 149@80mhz

• 7.  RE: AP275 Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2014 09:03 AM

IAP-275s?  Got it.

• 8.  RE: AP275 Issues
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2014 09:06 AM

So your issue with them being on the same channel only exists on the 5ghz?  Uncheck Wide Channels and Uncheck 80mhz support and see if that changes:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/ARM/Configuring_ARM-Features.htm

• 9.  RE: AP275 Issues

Posted Jul 17, 2014 09:06 AM

Still working on getting out to the campground for the other issue, but here's an update on the AP05 that was going to monitor mode on its own...

The AP275 requires POE+ for ethernet power. If only POE is applied, the AP will randomly reboot and switch to monitor mode on its own. I found this out after I installed my small switches which will only do 2 ports of POE+ at a time. After switching the power requirements, the AP has been up for 21 hours.

• 10.  RE: AP275 Issues

Posted Jul 18, 2014 03:16 PM

I was able to disable the 80 Mhz support on the VC and the APs sis end up changing channels. Everything seems good now.

thanks!