Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP515 does not reset - no admin access

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  AP515 does not reset - no admin access

Posted Apr 27, 2020 02:16 PM

Hi,

I have some AP515s that shipped as IAPs. I have been testing with them as IAPs and campus APs and at times have needed to reset the units back to factory. I have found numerous issues whenever I do this. Some APs entirely refuse to reset and take multiple attempts. When I am able to reset them and they go back to IAP mode and broadcast the set me up SSID I am unable to log in to the GUI as it rejects the default credentials of admin admin.

I have experienced this before and was eventually able to get the AP to reset and allow me to log in but I have now have multiple units that either won't reset at all or will reset back to an IAP but won't allow me to log in. Is this a fault with the 515 model?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: AP515 does not reset - no admin access

Posted Apr 27, 2020 03:11 PM

Hello, 

Since ArubaOS 8.5 the default credential is admin / Serial Number of your IAP. 

cheers

• 3.  RE: AP515 does not reset - no admin access

• 4.  RE: AP515 does not reset - no admin access

Posted Apr 29, 2020 10:26 AM

Ok thanks guys. I feel stupid now. I remember reading this a while back and it must have just fell out of my brain.

I assume it is because these APs are on upgraded OS version that changes way they function now as I was used to just getting a new AP out the box to install and using admin admin.

Still have the issue with being unable to reset some of the APs. This seems to have been caused by a controller cluster upgrade so not entirely sure where the post belongs but regardless of the controllers I am still unable to reset the unit back to factory as it stays as a campus AP instead of reverting back to IAP. I have been able to connect to console output of the AP and it looks to work ok and just boots up then reboots over and over but no matter what I try it won't revert back to an IAP.

Cheers.

• 5.  RE: AP515 does not reset - no admin access

Posted Apr 29, 2020 12:41 PM

If you have access to console, are you able to stop the boot of the AP and then type  factory_reset in apboot> cli. 

http://www.shanekillen.com/2014/05/aruba-wireless-how-to-factory-reset.html

And then try to not plug the AP on the same network of your controller, otherwise it's possible it will try to register again on the controller.