Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

Posted Feb 27, 2017 09:40 AM

I know the default cert no longer works with the arubas and I needed to get my own.  I created one with go daddy and followed the steps to create the file with openssl.

I followed the process to import this cert and it accepts it.  However, within seconds I am kicked out of the admin page and can no longer access it.  After digging around I was able to use command line to delete the cert and get the admin page back.  Has anyone seen this before?  Also, I am not sure if the cert even works with guests as I deleted it right away due to it killing the admin page.  Maybe I am missing something simple.  After posting this I will load it again and test if guest wifi works with the cert now that I know how to remove it to get back to the admin page.

• 2.  RE: Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

Posted Feb 27, 2017 10:16 AM
    Did you get any errors when browsing to the admin pages?

• 3.  RE: Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

Posted Feb 27, 2017 12:11 PM

Hello, here is the update from testing the guest splash page.

I enable the splash page as Internal -Acknowledged.

I then uploaded the certificate I bought.  it is something like securelogin.wrightrconsulting.com

Then after it accepts it, I lose access to the admin page and cannot log in.

So I went ahead and tested the wifi guest network.  It connects but when I try to browse it gives an error once about not being able to connect to securelogin.arubanetworks.com  then after that it just said it could not establish a secure connection to the server. 

All I have done is upload the new certificate.  Do I need to remove any others?  Or could it be with the name I used?  This is for a restaurant and I just used my own domain on go daddy to buy an ssl cert.  They are using gmail so I figured easier to just use mine for now.  Again, didnt think that would matter.  I followed the procedure to create the perm file by using a txt editor and combining the parts.  It accepts it with no errors.

After removing the cert I added, when I do a show cert all I see default server, cp, and device certificates as aruba.

• 4.  RE: Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

Posted Feb 27, 2017 11:02 PM

Just checking if anyone has anything on this?

• 5.  RE: Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 06:25 AM

Can you explain in detail how you created the CSR, submitted it to the CSA and combined your certificate?

• 6.  RE: Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

Posted Feb 28, 2017 11:09 AM

They do not have a server to generate the request so I used an online site to create one.  Dont recall which one but I think it was from something I found on the aruba help sites.  I then put that into the Go Daddy site to create the cert.  After downloading the ssl cert, I then I had to create a txt document and open the certs and paste in the parts in order and the key.  Then save as .perm.

I then upload to aruba.  No errors with upload.

However, it kills my admin access and also does not allow access through the guest network.

I would be ok with doing all of this over if there is a recommended CSR request site?  and does it matter what the cert says?  I was just using securelogin.mycompany.com 

• 7.  RE: Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 11:19 AM

Did the online site generate a private key or not?

Try putting the certificates into a file like the post here and upload:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-Create-a-Certificate-for-Instant-Captive-Portal-using/ta-p/277025  

Start with the section "Using a text editor, Copy and paste the contents of the  three files in this order into a blank text editor page"

• 8.  RE: Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

Posted Feb 28, 2017 04:44 PM

Now that I am seeing this, this is the document I followed to generate the CSR and request the cert from Go Daddy.  Then I used the editor to put it all together to create the perm.  I did create a key and I do type it in when uploading the cert into the aruba certificate settings as a cp.

Maybe I should start again and see if I did something wrong.  It doesnt seem like it.

Do any of the aruba default certs need removed when I upload mine to the arubas?

Does my cert name matter? 

• 9.  RE: Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 10:36 PM

The name does not matter and the default certificate does not need to be removed.  What version of InstantOS are you using?