Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: Adding an IAP-RAP3 to existing network with an IAP AP-93

Fair enough that's reasonable logic. 

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Hmm.............I am now seeing the same problem.  I rebooted my RAP-3 just to see what would happen and now it is just hanging there with the amber radio LED.   I am going to try v.3.3.0.1 as there is a bug fixed that may apply to this situation.  Will post after I finish.

Highlighted
Contributor I

I've got 3.3.0.1 on them both now...  just tried and I get the same thing.  Tried with 2 brand new rap3wn's upgraded upgraded out of the the box.  Very strange...auto join does not work in this case.  Now if I take off auto joint and manually add the mac address of the rap it tells me the "AP is not connected".  It is though I can see it on my router.

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Are your APs connected to a Trunk port or Access port?

Highlighted
Contributor I

Access port.

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

If I do the following everything works again:

1. Shut down my RAP-3  and keep it off.

2. Reboot my IAP-93, let it come up as the VC and see that it is advertising.

3. Power up my RAP-3.

I see it join and advertise.

Can you try that to see if you are seeing the same behavior?

I am still on v.3.3.0.0 BTW.

Highlighted
Contributor I

No same thing for me here.  The rap comes up right away if I turn off the 93 but always the amber wlan light it the ap93 is up.  I don't have the console cable to see whats going on with the rap...  I'm going to try this in the reverse with the rap 3 as the vc up first so I can check the console connecion on the 93 at the same time i bring it up. 

Contributor I

Well I think I know what the issue turned out to be here.  The 93 has a different regulatory domain then I was using on the RAP3's.  I should have noticed that sooner but didn't.  Thank you for checking into this....I'm pretty sure once I get the new ones next week all will be well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Yes........that will definetly cause this issue.  Sorry, I should have listed that as one of the causes.  I will edit my initial post to reflect this.  -US can only join with other -US IAPs, -JP can only join with other -JP,  -IL can only join with other -IL, lastly, the Rest of World (ROW) IAPs can join with other ROW IAPs.  The ROW IAPs do not have a country code listed as part of the SKU.

The problem I am running into, while showing similar symptoms, is different as it has a different root cause.  I had to force the problem to happen by moving the link from E0 on the RAP-3 to E2.   This triggered some unexpected behavior that I will be discussing with TAC.  This is something, however, that would not be done in the real world.

Highlighted
Contributor I

Thanks Marcus!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: