Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Administrative Radius Access IAP 135

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Administrative Radius Access IAP 135

Posted Jul 03, 2014 05:57 AM

Hi

I am trying to get Radius Admnistrative Access to work with one of my IAP 135 VC. I am using a Server 2008 R2 NPS server as a Radius server. The VC has a SSID who is authenticating users via the radiusserver, so the connection to the server is OK.

But the question is how do i tweeke the Network Policie to work with Aruba IAP Radius Admin Access. What kind of settings shall be in the Network Policy settings on the NPS server?

I am using IAP software version 6.4.0.2-4.1.0.0.

Best Regards

Tobben

• 2.  RE: Administrative Radius Access IAP 135

Posted Jul 03, 2014 06:41 AM
    The authentication type for this will need to be using (PAP) on the NPS side of things
    And you already have the VC added as a radius client
    And on the IAP you just need to point to the NPS server

• 3.  RE: Administrative Radius Access IAP 135
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2014 10:08 AM

Thanks for the answer. After some more digging it was part of the problem for me to get it to work. The other problem was that I already hade some policies that included a security group under conditions. I was member in both that group and the new aruba admin group. And becaus the condition applied that i was a member of that old group, the auth settings for that policy wasent right. I moved the aruba policy to the top of the processing order and added two conditions to it. The first condition in processingorder is that the client ipv4 adress was the adress of the VC and the second condition was Windows Group membership was set to aruba admin group.

Best Regards

Tobben