Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aggregated link support on instant

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aggregated link support on instant

Posted Jul 07, 2014 09:09 AM

Hi,

I am trying to get an aggregated (LACP) port group to work on an IAP-225 and so take advantage of a "potential" 1.3gbps

It is plugging into  a HP Procurve switch 2626.

No mater what I do I cannot get an LACP trunk to come up.

The HP switch supports dynamic channel which seems to create an LACP group if a new LACP partner device if plugged in.  This doesn't work after plugging in an IPA-225

I have also tried to create a manual LACP group or "trunk" as its called on a HP switch. Plugging in an IAP-225 in this configuration also does not work.

I have made no configuration changes to the IAP-225.

show lacp status always shows: "LACP not configured"

any ideas appreciated.

thanks

Dave

• 2.  RE: Aggregated link support on instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 10:02 AM

Is the HP side active or passive?

• 3.  RE: Aggregated link support on instant

Posted Jul 07, 2014 10:03 AM

Hi,

the LACP trunk on the HP is active.

Dave

• 4.  RE: Aggregated link support on instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 10:05 AM
    Can you try passive?

Also, try just plugging eth0 in then wait a few seconds, then attached eth1.

• 5.  RE: Aggregated link support on instant

Posted Jul 07, 2014 10:10 AM

Interestingly i tried this on the other HP switch i had (now unavailable) and it seemed to work, plugging in eth0 came up as an LACP group then plugging in eth1 and it worked, however upon a reboot it did't re-negotiate the LACP link.

This HP switch wont even bring up the LACP trunk with just eth0 connected.

I have just tested with a dell switch and it "seems" to work as expected.

so its looks to be a HP compatability / configuration issue.

Is there somthing i can do on the AP to force an LACP group configuration on the wired ports, rather than leaving it all to auto configure?

Thanks again

Dave

• 6.  RE: Aggregated link support on instant

Posted Jul 09, 2014 11:19 AM

I am getting nowhere on this. I have got it wokring on a dell switchbut not on this HP switch, and unfortunately the cleint has A HP switch.

Has no one had to configure the IAP-225 or any IAP with a LAG group configuration to a HP switch?

Dave

• 7.  RE: Aggregated link support on instant

Posted Sep 05, 2014 05:25 AM

did you ever get further with this? i probably have to configure this in few weeks (unsure of the switch exact type, but HP for sure) so im interested in sharing experience. what firmware is the switch running?

• 8.  RE: Aggregated link support on instant

Posted Sep 05, 2014 05:41 AM

You may be OK, I never got it working on the HP switch I had. TAC couldnt help me. I think i got it working on another HP switch but i wouldnt bet on it.

It seems ed to work ok on a dell too. But again i think if you start adding more than one AP to buikld the instant network, thats when it started to fail.

I haven't tried since the latest major firmware realese though!

• 9.  RE: Aggregated link support on instant

Posted Oct 07, 2014 03:58 PM

Latest firmware on both my HP switch and the IAP-225 and still can't the LACP to come up.

• 10.  RE: Aggregated link support on instant

Posted Oct 12, 2014 08:06 AM

i also gave it a try and couldn't get it to work.

didn't help my HP switch knowledge is limited and it seems there are several approaches to configuring LACP on HP switches.

• 11.  RE: Aggregated link support on instant

Posted Oct 27, 2014 07:37 PM

I have been experiencing the same problems for several months.  I have worked for hours with HP TAC and they are baffeled.  LACP works well on the Aruba 2500 switch , but not on the HP 5406 that we are using in the core.  I tested with the a Cisco switch as well and it was rock solid. We are experinecing this a 10 sites with the same results at each.    any help would be greatly appricated.

Troubleshooting with HP TAC today we have determined that LACP ports come up and peer successuflly when DHCP is enabled but no DHCP server is on the network and access points utilize thier 169.x.x.x default IP address.  As soon as a DHCP server is introduced LACP ports do not come up. Configuring the AP's with with a Static address did not result and LACP ports working as well.