Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AirGroup support with Instant Enterprise

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirGroup support with Instant Enterprise

Posted Oct 04, 2012 10:31 AM

Can anyone elaborate on how to configure Instant to be used with Apple services like AirPlay and AirPrint?

The press release for Instant Enterprise states "Support for Apple Bonjour services like AirPlay and AirPrint." However, I have reviewed the release notes and user guide for 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0 and cannot find anywhere that details what has been included to provide optimal support for these services.

We have several customers who want to use AppleTV's  and AirPrint enabled printers with iPads on their campus network and have been inquiring about AirGroup. Now that the newest version of the solution guide on Airplay and AirPrint on Campus Networks has been published it references the ability of Instant to support these services. 

I am assuming that in order to support these services Instant will leverage the firewall capabilities to control traffic to and from devices and users in roles to access these services. However, I was hoping there would be some clarification somewhere on how to leverage these new capabilities. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: AirGroup support with Instant Enterprise

Posted Sep 25, 2012 06:11 PM

Per http://www.arubanetworks.com/news-releases/aruba-delivers-controller-less-wlan/, how do I get ahold of this?  I’m particular interested in the AirPrint support, since this appears to be missing in Instant 6.1.3.1 and there’s no mention of it in the Instant 6.1.3.4 release notes.

Thanks.

• 3.  RE: AirGroup support with Instant Enterprise

Posted Oct 04, 2012 11:31 AM

• 4.  RE: AirGroup support with Instant Enterprise

Posted Oct 05, 2012 12:49 PM

mmcnamee and DanielM, 

Airgroup is not currently available in Aruba Instant version 6.1.3.4_3.1.0.0. But I would suggest that you talk to your local SE for more information and also keep an eye out on the forums for any announcement regarding Airgroup. 

Thanks, 

• 5.  RE: AirGroup support with Instant Enterprise

Posted Oct 10, 2012 01:10 PM

Marketing proclaiming new features now available before they actually are? It would never happen... :)

• 6.  RE: AirGroup support with Instant Enterprise

Posted Oct 18, 2012 02:33 PM

We'll post an update to this post shortly.  Thank you!

• 7.  RE: AirGroup support with Instant Enterprise

Posted Oct 19, 2012 12:39 PM

Here is the update: 

The PR announcement included software capabilities in 3.1 and 3.2  of which contributed to Aruba Instant Enterprise.  Please note “3.2,” which will include configuration details on how to use Apple services like AirPlay and AirPrint, is planned to be available in late-December 2012. 

We will provide further update on this thread as available.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Jeanie

Community Manager

• 8.  RE: AirGroup support with Instant Enterprise

Posted Dec 26, 2012 03:24 PM

• 9.  RE: AirGroup support with Instant Enterprise

Posted Dec 26, 2012 03:33 PM

Instant 3.2 is now available for download.  See the discussion thread below:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant/New-Instant-SW-Release-v-3-2-12-22-2012/td-p/56186