Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave IAP group setting "Enable Instant GUI Config" disables APs/Devices>Manage tab.

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  AirWave IAP group setting "Enable Instant GUI Config" disables APs/Devices>Manage tab.

Posted Aug 05, 2014 06:26 AM

I would just like to know why, in AirWave, does the IAP group setting "Enable Instant GUI Config" disables APs/Devices>Manage tab?

This removes the ability to view or change the IAP/AirWave shared secret, and to set "Monitor Only" or "Manage Read/Write".

I imagine that "Manage Read/Write" is automatically enabled when " Enable Instant Gui Config" is set to "Yes" ?!?

Additionally, the AirWave tab in "Instant Config" (with Instant GUI enabled) shows no information except for a debug tar file - I would have expected to see the AirWave settings for the IAP VC ?!? 

Thanks in advance for any technical reasoning on this.

Johnny.

• 2.  RE: AirWave IAP group setting "Enable Instant GUI Config" disables APs/Devices>Manage tab.

Posted Aug 05, 2014 07:42 AM
    Once enable this option it override the manage/write option since it should automatically do that for you

• 3.  RE: AirWave IAP group setting "Enable Instant GUI Config" disables APs/Devices>Manage tab.

Posted Aug 05, 2014 09:16 AM

Weird things happen when you jump between Airwave Instant managed using templates and Instant GUI.

If you're playing around in Lab, then I suggest you just create it from scratch. Start on the IAP itself and add it to Airwave, but choose a different organization (which in turn creates a new group and folder). Then go under Users and active the new user that is auto-created. Now - go to the auto-created group and enable Instant GUI there.

• 4.  RE: AirWave IAP group setting "Enable Instant GUI Config" disables APs/Devices>Manage tab.

Posted Aug 05, 2014 09:28 AM

Oh and of course - Instant GUI for IAP 4.1 yet.. So if you want to play around with that you need to stay on the 4.0 IAP versions.

• 5.  RE: AirWave IAP group setting "Enable Instant GUI Config" disables APs/Devices>Manage tab.

Posted Aug 05, 2014 11:57 AM

Hi,

see this post

/Niklas

• 6.  RE: AirWave IAP group setting "Enable Instant GUI Config" disables APs/Devices>Manage tab.

Posted Aug 05, 2014 11:59 AM

Thanks for the link, but it responds with an "Unexpected Error".

Johnny.