Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

Posted Sep 21, 2015 05:03 PM

Airwave: 8.0.9

Instant: 4.2.0

I have a strange issue where if we are reconfiguring a bunch of instant AP's in Airwave via the Instant GUI where the AP's need to reboot. For example Hostnames and/or IP addresses then the APs reboot and then never come back into the Instant GUI. I can see that the AP's are up with their new configuration in the VC when I look locally, and they also show up in the device list in Airwave, just not the instant GUI. 

I found that disabling and re-enabling the Instant GUI in the group basic settings usually resolves the problem or they eventually just fix themselves, sometimes after 24+ hours. 

I have exeperienced this issue with a production customers network, and also setup a second lab with fresh install of AW and various code version running on instant clusters to rule out any other possible issues (LAN/WAN, Corrupt AW, Latency) ect. At this point everything is pointing to AW being the culprit. 

This is a rather annoying issue. I have a Case open but was wondering if anyone has seen similar behavior. 

• 2.  RE: Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

Posted Sep 22, 2015 09:17 AM

What version of Instant GUI is setup in your AMP group?

It should be set to 4.2

Capture.JPG

• 3.  RE: Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

Posted Sep 22, 2015 12:17 PM

Thanks, yes it was already configured with the proper policy version. Just as an FYI I tried various policy and Instant code versions and experienced the same behavior. 

• 4.  RE: Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

Posted Sep 22, 2015 02:02 PM

have you tried AW 8.0.9.1 ?
    I don't have that problem running IAP_4.1.1.8 and AW_8.0.9.1

• 5.  RE: Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

Posted Sep 22, 2015 03:05 PM

I upgraded AW from 8.0.9 to 8.0.9.1 and I still see the same behavior. I have two Lab clusters setup with 9 IAP-225s in each one. When I rename and readdress the AP's they reboot and don't come back unless I disable and re-enable the Instant GUI config. Super annoying. 

• 6.  RE: Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

Posted Sep 22, 2015 03:50 PM

Here are some screenshots, as you can see after reconfiguring the AP's the only one that comes back in the Instant GUI is the VC, however in the device list they show up and in the local VC they show online. The only way that I have seen to resolve this is the disable and re-enable the instant GUI. 

• 7.  RE: Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

Posted Sep 23, 2015 08:44 AM
    Very odd. Work with TAC and report back here I'm curious

• 8.  RE: Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

Posted Dec 04, 2015 09:26 AM
    it seems that your IGC database is out of sync when compared to the AP database, turning IGC off and on will restart the service and force a poll to re-sync.

• 9.  RE: Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

Posted Dec 11, 2015 06:53 AM

@pmonardo: Do you always set the policy version 4.2 even if your APs are running 4.1.1.x ?

How did you TAC case work out? We have a similar issue where the clusters themselves are missing from IGC. In our experience turning off and on IGC will do bad things to your override settings. Is this something you´ve experienced?

• 10.  RE: Airwave Instant GUI Missing AP's after They reboot.

Posted Dec 11, 2015 09:13 AM
    Hi Christoffer,

I use the policy version on Airwave that matches my deployment firmware.

I did not open a TAC case, I opened a thread and @rgin said there was no way to downgrade, you would theoretically have to create a new group with the policy version you want.

We have had to turn off/on IGC simply because our Airwave did not detect the 2nd AP in a cluster and by turning IGC off/on, it would resync and show up. This is what TAC advised us to do.