Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Contributor I

Airwave/Instant GUI and enabling IPMI

hi,

is there any way to enable IPMI on instant access-points, that are managed over Aruba Airwave (8.2.10.1) and Instant GUI scenario or is it ever planned?

it wasn't really an issue before, but new firmwares have a "feature" where if device is connected to 802.11at PoE power and IPMI is not enabled, it will disable USB port and will light up alarm LED. I know it's not a big deal, but we have numerous customer "complaints" and no everyone is content with "it's a cosmetic/alerting issue".

MVP Guru

Re: Airwave/Instant GUI and enabling IPMI

IPM can only be configured via the CLI.

A suggestion that was given here is to temporarily change the APs to locally managed (either make Airwave inaccessible, or change the group to monitor/read management), then add the commands via the local CLI, and when taking the AP back in full management the commands should stay. Have not tested this myself.

You could also work with your local Aruba SE/Sales team to get this configuration raised as a feature request for Instant AP to get it configured in the WebUI, and Airwave to allow its configuration.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: