Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave organisation string when using DHCP for IAP deployment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave organisation string when using DHCP for IAP deployment

Posted Apr 06, 2016 06:34 PM

Hi community,

In our environment we are considering using our MS Windows DHCP servers to provide the provisioning parameters to the IAP as opposed to using the Activate service. I don't have access to confirm this query myself, but wondered if anybody could confirm if the 31 character limitation of the 'Airwave Organisation' string still applied, or if this could be extended beyond this using a DHCP server. My initial thoughts were that this is still being applied to the IAP, and the IAP appears to have the limitation (certainly when you go into the GUI/CLI and try to enter the string you cannot go beyond the 31 characters).

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Airwave organisation string when using DHCP for IAP deployment

Posted Apr 25, 2016 10:07 AM

t from IAP side is 254 for  DHCP option 43 length. Any other limitation come from DHCP server side.

• 3.  RE: Airwave organisation string when using DHCP for IAP deployment

Posted Apr 25, 2016 10:32 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Was the increase from 31 to 254 added in a newer release of code? As when I try to either configure this manually in the GUI or the IAP or in the CLI, it will only accept the first 31 characters. Even when I try to push the string from the DHCP server to the IAP the IAP will only take the first 31 characters, the rest are removed.

I have captured this in the output of the provisioning log of the IAP.

• 4.  RE: Airwave organisation string when using DHCP for IAP deployment

Posted Apr 25, 2016 11:09 AM

i got the number 254 from engineering. however you are right. even on 4.2.3, i can not use more than 32. Let me follow up with them and revert back.