Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Alert ID 103 AP checksum error - Firmware

Hello,

I currently have two model AP 367 devices and one of them is the Virtual Controller.  They are both on firmware Version 6.5.4.3

I'm trying to add a third AP which is a model 505.  It's on Firmware version 8.6.0.4.

When I connect the 505 model to the network, I'm getting an alert from the Virtual controller:  Alert 103 Description: AP checksum error.

Is this because the firmware versions are so far apart?

Thanks for any guidance you can give.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Alert ID 103 AP checksum error - Firmware

Yes, your firmware must be the same on all devices in order to join them together in a cluster. When managed by Central the cloud would sort it out for you - so I assume these are not Central managed devices.

Because you have an AP-505 (which is the newest device) you will need to bring the 367s up AOS 8.6 as the minimum OS supported for the AP-505is 8.6.0.0 (as per the AP505 data sheet).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Yes, your firmware must be the same on all devices in order to join them together in a cluster. When managed by Central the cloud would sort it out for you - so I assume these are not Central managed devices.

Because you have an AP-505 (which is the newest device) you will need to bring the 367s up AOS 8.6 as the minimum OS supported for the AP-505is 8.6.0.0 (as per the AP505 data sheet).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks,  I caught the other devices up on the firmware version and it's working fine.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: