Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Apple TV mirroring

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Apple TV mirroring

Posted Jan 23, 2017 01:57 PM

Hello Airheads, 

Listen I am in a bind. I have looked over the Airheads site and I am trying to find out why I can't mirror on my Aruba Instant Network? I have multiple Apple TVs on our network and I can see them, so they are broadcasting. The moment I want to mirror the device from an iPhone, iPad, or MacBook I get an error about not being to connect. So Frustrating. I have seen multiple posts about switching to IP v6, or Using Airgroup but I noteced the posts are very old. Like two years ago or even more. Was this issue ever resolved? Any suggestions would be great. I have the latest instant firmware installed and all my apple devices are up to date. Ugh. Thanks gang. 

• 2.  RE: Apple TV mirroring

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 02:06 PM

Are the devices and the Apple TV on the same subnet?

You can:

- Make sure on the SSID under advanced broadcast filtering is set to disabled

- Disable Airgroup http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Instant-amp-Amazon-Echo-problems/m-p/271065#M14989

• 3.  RE: Apple TV mirroring

Posted Jan 23, 2017 11:23 PM

Cjoseph.

I tried this and when I diabled the AirGroup toggle switch, I could not see the devices on the network anymore!?!!? Do you think there is a NAT problem? Can there be NAT? 

Any suggestions work for me because IT AIN"T WORKING NOW!

All ears. 

- Jean-Claude