Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 274 outdoor Access point

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 274 outdoor Access point

Posted Jul 28, 2016 03:21 AM

Hello,   i'm connecting Aruba 274 outdoor Access Point to it's antenna and trying to configure it without connecting it to any switch or router,But i can't get IP.
    is there a way to get IP without connecting the Arupa to switch or router?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 274 outdoor Access point

Posted Jul 28, 2016 05:13 AM

Only if you are using a 3G/4G module (not possible on that model as far as I know) or the AP as a mesh point. But without those, you'll really need a cable. If you're not using the cable, you still need to provision the AP with sufficient power which will still require a cable so might as well use a network cable.  

• 3.  RE: Aruba 274 outdoor Access point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2016 08:02 AM

@medooomh wrote:

Hello,   i'm connecting Aruba 274 outdoor Access Point to it's antenna and trying to configure it without connecting it to any switch or router,But i can't get IP.
    is there a way to get IP without connecting the Arupa to switch or router?

Unfortunately, it can only be configured with a controller, so it needs an ip address to communicate with the controller...

• 4.  RE: Aruba 274 outdoor Access point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2016 09:18 AM

For any AP to come up without being on the network, it would need to be first configured as a mesh point (or if you have an IAP-274, it would need to be configured to come up as a stand-alone AP). If you have a non-Instant AP-274, you will need a controller first, as well as another AP that is on the wired network, to build a wireless bridge from the wired AP to your AP not on the network.

• 5.  RE: Aruba 274 outdoor Access point

Posted Jul 29, 2016 03:20 AM

Thanks alot