Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2930 + Central

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2930 + Central

Posted Apr 02, 2019 06:12 PM

Good day community!

I need help with a switch in which I'm working.

My switch has multiple vlan interfaces and some of them are not allow to pass through my firewall. I am trying to bring this switch to central but I don´t know how.

Is there any way to force a source interface when the switch is trying to reach central?

For example: All my request going to central will have as source the interface VLAN 100

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2930 + Central

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:58 AM

Hi,

Look ip source XXX interface... command

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2930 + Central
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:21 PM

Greetings!

To designate a specific VLAN to be used for connections to Aruba Activate, Central, and AirWave, you need to use the primary-vlan command, as in the example below:

switch(config)# primary-vlan 100

If a primary VLAN is not configured, the switch will attempt to use VLAN 1 for all connections to these platforms.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2930 + Central

Posted Apr 05, 2019 03:07 PM

Good day community!

Thanks a lot for your answer! I will be testing this configuration with the customer any time now.

I tried the configuration of ip source but I didn't work. For some reason I was specifying the interface to be VLAN 1 and I wasn't getting an aswer back. I even create and allow a new IP with privileges to access the network and didn't work.