Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 650 - Evaluation licese doesn't become enabled

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 650 - Evaluation licese doesn't become enabled

Posted Nov 30, 2014 06:02 AM

Hey Everybody,

i have a little issue with an Aruba 650 controller which i require for a lab setup.

The controller came withou any license on it (except for the POE license) so i generated 3 evaluation licenses ( EVL-2048-AP, EVL-650-PEFV, EVL-RFP-2048) and applied them to the controller. They are accepted by the system, but for some reason they don't become activated and so the APs don't light up at all.

Firmware is: 6.3.1.13

Cheers

Mike

• 2.  RE: Aruba 650 - Evaluation licese doesn't become enabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2014 07:02 AM

Did you reboot the controller?

• 3.  RE: Aruba 650 - Evaluation licese doesn't become enabled

Posted Nov 30, 2014 07:06 AM

Yes. Several times. Also defaulted the controller, set it up from scratch again.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 650 - Evaluation licese doesn't become enabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2014 07:14 AM
    Does the license just say "disabled"?

• 5.  RE: Aruba 650 - Evaluation licese doesn't become enabled

Posted Nov 30, 2014 07:27 AM

Yes, they show up in the list as Disabled.

And behind the key there is just no "E" Tag on all of them except the POE License.

Could this be linked to the fact that when i apply the license they are limited to the 64 AP limit the 650 can take?

• 6.  RE: Aruba 650 - Evaluation licese doesn't become enabled
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2014 07:59 AM

It just lets you know when you apply licences past the platform limit, but they should work.

If you wipe it out with "write erase all", I would first only try putting in the AP licenses and see if you can bring up an access point.  If you bring up any other licenses, I would not do a "write mem" or "save configuration" until after I rebooted.

• 7.  RE: Aruba 650 - Evaluation licese doesn't become enabled

Posted Nov 30, 2014 08:38 AM

OK, i'm going to try that out. But don't i need at least the 3 basic licenses to light up an AP? (AP, PEF, RFP)

• 8.  RE: Aruba 650 - Evaluation licese doesn't become enabled

Posted Nov 30, 2014 09:55 AM

It was indeed an issue with the licenses. I've installed only the AP license and when i entered the key it stated that i would have to reboot the controller, which it didn't the other times, but i think i applied the other keys first.

So it seems like the sequence in which you apply the license keys is indeed important.