Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP-505 provisioning

This thread has been viewed 93 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Jan 10, 2020 04:51 PM
    Hi,

Today I installed some AP 505 and tried to configure them but I failed! I connected on the setmeup wireless broadcasted and then on the web browser I went to https:\\setmeup.arubanetworks.com and I got the wellcoming page! I loged in using admin/SN of the AP and I ended up on a page that did not seemed correct! It was only for that particular AP and It did not gave me the opportunity to configure any SSID or anything like that!

Does anyone know why this came on this way! I did not test to log in on https:\\instant.arubanetworks.com! Does this make ant difference If i go through that instead?

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Jan 10, 2020 05:34 PM
    Hi cjoseph,

Does this mean that the AP-505 with 8.5.0.0 are not on instant mode and these AP should be converted first in order to join them in a cluster (controllerless)?

In this case can you provide me the link to download the image file?

• 4.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Jan 10, 2020 06:03 PM
      |   view attached

I get this when I log in on the setmeup-xx:xx:xx:

CAP-RAP.PNG

• 5.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 06:20 PM

Click on the maintenence Tab:

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 17.19.45.png

• 6.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Jan 10, 2020 06:26 PM

I dont have that option:

maintenance.PNG

Maybe I should download another image file?

• 7.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 06:27 PM

What happens when you click on the Virtual Controller tab?

• 8.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Jan 10, 2020 06:29 PM

I got this:vc.PNG

• 9.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 06:30 PM

PM me your email address.

@Fisnikm wrote:

I got this:vc.PNG

• 10.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Jan 23, 2020 09:09 AM

Was this resolved as i am having the exact same issue.

• 11.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Jan 23, 2020 06:26 PM

I had the exact same problem today and was able to resolve it by uploading and installing this image to the AP-505. You can upload and install the image under the Virtual Controller Tab.

Please note that you need to be registered with HP Enterprise Support to download the file. Only company email addresses are accepted in the registration process.

• 12.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Feb 04, 2020 11:44 AM

After registering I was not able to download the instant image file for AP-505. How long does it take for to review my request?

Thank you!

• 13.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Feb 05, 2020 12:45 AM

jp.lauer  thank you!

• 14.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Feb 05, 2020 02:10 AM

Tried again after 14 hours to download the image file for the AP-505 (ArubaInstant_Gemini_8.6.0.2_73853)

The message is:

Unable to download software. Your download request was received and is being reviewed. Please retry your request in 4 hours.

What is the correct procediure for downloading AP-505 ArubaInstant_Gemini_8.6.0.2_73853

Thank you!

• 15.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Feb 05, 2020 02:25 AM

If you have access on the cli of the APs then log in on the cli and write the command: 

If you receive error for example that the AP is not able to resolve the URL than the problem probably is on the premises! 

If you dont receive any error than go ahead and upgrade manually.

if you want to do a clean uppgrade so please remove all of your other APs from the central, unsubscribe them (or disable the switch port on the switch where the APs are connected), and then just let one of them on central. Connect to it via console and run the command:

After you have successfully upgraded it then add the other APs on the central again. Those AP that will rejoin the cluster will get automatically the new firmware from that AP which you upgraded manually.

• 16.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Feb 05, 2020 02:46 AM

This worked, thank you very much!

• 17.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

Posted Feb 12, 2020 11:16 AM

I had this issue today too. New 505 on 8.6.0.0 to start.  AP started out in this upgrade-only mode, as the first of an instant cluster.  Others did the same thing, but once I followed the upgrade instructions above to 8.6.0.2, it gave me the instant interface I expected.  I was able to put the second URL into the WebUI upgrade URL window, and that worked.   So, to me, these 505's are not behaving properly as shipped... right?  Should Instant UI after not finding a controller.  Can't find any info in release notes or guides referencing this behavior.

CLI said this, on SSH login: 

"Warning: CLI is currently running in upgrade-only mode. Only upgrade operation is supported, other operations may not funcion."  (yep it is spelled that way)

• 18.  RE: Aruba AP-505 provisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 08:25 PM

Gary,

This is expected behavior (but unexpected spelling..). Early Aruba AP units will initially ship from the factory with a limited image that needs to be upgraded first before the unit can become fully functional.

This is covered in the Aruba AP Software Quickstart Guide, which can be found on the Aruba Support website, or by scanning the QR code in the startup guide that ships with the AP.

Later units will indeed ship with a full Instant image.