Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Aruba AP's exchange to IAP

Hi,

I managed to get some Aruba Access Points, but by mistake I bought the wrong ones. I got AP-325's instead of IAP's. Is there anyone, in the BeNeLux area, who can help me with converting / exchanging them into IAP variants?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Bram

Contributor I

Re: Aruba AP's exchange to IAP

Hi Bram,

I got AP-325's instead of IAP's. Is there anyone, in the BeNeLux area, who can help me with converting / exchanging them into IAP variants?

i don't know if i'm wrong, but since along time the differnce between AP-XXX und IAP-XXX doesn't exist anymore.

Starting with ArubaOS 6.5.2.0, each AP is shipped with a manufacturing image based on the Instant image, but the image itself has reduced functionality. When the AP first boots while running the manufacturing image, it enters the controller/Instant discovery process. This process allows the AP to determine if it will become a controller-based (ArubaOS image) or controller-less AP (Instant image).

To be found here:
https://blogs.arubanetworks.com/solutions/aruba-unified-ap-platform/

At the link you can also find, how to convert them.

MVP Guru

Re: Aruba AP's exchange to IAP

The 325 is not a Unified AP, so these cannot be converted from an AP to an IAP. I'd suggest you speak to the company where these were purchased and ask to exchange them for an IAP model.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: