Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central, Guest Access through Facebook Captive Portal

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central, Guest Access through Facebook Captive Portal

Posted Apr 12, 2017 07:27 AM

Hi,

Evertyhing was working fine until on the last days of March when I started getting an authentication error using the guest network login through Facebook.

After hitting the login on the Facebook page i get redirected to the guest splash page and an "Authentication error" appears.

If i test it on a machine that is already connected to the internet i see that i do get logged in Facebook.

I'm using Authenticated mode with "Phone based" - "SMS" (this one works) and "Social login" - "Facebook"

I've checked APP ID and APP Secret from Facebook Captive Portal and they are correct. I also tried to generate a new Secret and update it on Aruba Central.

The Captive Portal on the Facebook Developers page says its live and available.

Did anyone have/had this problem?

Any ideias to what might be causing this?

Was there an update to Aruba Central these last weeks?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central, Guest Access through Facebook Captive Portal
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 13, 2017 03:41 AM

I checked with devs internally and there is a possible bug you are hitting and there is a fix in Guest software. Its being validated now, will be release in a day or two.

Please hold on and check back monday.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central, Guest Access through Facebook Captive Portal

Posted Apr 19, 2017 06:05 AM

The Aruba Central update solved the issue.

Thank you!