Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Aruba Central - How long Device-Logs will be stored there?

Hi all,

my customer asks me about the general Data-Storage-Policy of Aruba Central. And I can't found any answers in the whole Aruba Documents and Community universe....

Question 1: For how long, any Information (Events, Status-Logs, Debug-Outputs) that a managed device (e.g. IAP 205) send to Aruba Central, will be stored at the Central-Platform?

Question 2: At Aruba central Monitoring WebGui, I'm able to view counters an graphs at least for the last 3 months. The reporting-tool is limited also to at least 3 months. What is the reason of the limit?

Will all data older than 3 months be auto-deleted or auto-consolidated, or auto-archieved?

Question 3: Is there any way for me (as aruba central customer), to delete manually any recorded log-data, which is stored at aruba central platform?

Question 4: Now, a new aruba central DC is online in Germany. Has this DC a different data-storage policy, than the data-storage policy in USA?

Many thanks for clear answers...

MVP Guru

Re: Aruba Central - How long Device-Logs will be stored there?

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was also looking for some answers to the similar questions and come across the following :

https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/gdpr/GDPR_Supplement_Central.pdf

So, data retention period is 90 days which ties in with what you see in the reporting range.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

Re: Aruba Central - How long Device-Logs will be stored there?

Poor and very limited... Aruba Central still has to improve a lot... Aruba should also review its official documentation, where it says about Aruba Central:

Store your management data indefinitely so you can create reports containing historical data if needed.

But not true...

Regards,

Julián

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: