Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central SSID zones

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central SSID zones

Posted Mar 09, 2015 12:24 PM

Can I create SSID zones in Aruba Central? We currently have IAP 205's running 4.1. I would like to limit one SSID to two AP's in a 3 AP cluster.

Thanks,

Mark

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central SSID zones

Posted Nov 08, 2015 02:29 AM

I've added a "Me Too" as I cannot see anywhere on the Central interface, where it is possible to use the "Zone" function as per the IAP interface. This seems to be an oversight I think? Zones previously set up on the SSIDs and the APs still seem to work when connected to Central, however, once connected, it seems there is no way to set a zone either in the SSID or the AP settings pages. It is a bit silly to have to disconnect Central to regain control over the IAP management interface, in order to set the zones.

Chris

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central SSID zones

Posted Jul 13, 2016 04:44 AM

Me too... I have a costumer that we have to set up the zone function. I can't find out how to set it up either...  

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central SSID zones

Posted Jul 13, 2016 08:02 PM
    Hi Tom (and all) This is now possible in Aruba Central, by modifying the Configuration > network and Configuration > Access Points pages. Edit the network (SSID) and you will see the screen (Central Network Zone.JPG attached), enter the Zone name in the section supplied and hit save. Edit the Access Point that you want to have this SSID broadcast (Central AP Zone.JPG attached) and enter the SAME tag/zone name that you put in the step above. Now the SSID with this Zone name, will ONLY be broadcast on the Access Points with the same Zone name. BUT, the OTHER SSIDs, that dont have zone settings will ALSO be broadcast on that Access Point, by default. Hope this helps you out. Cheers Chris

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central SSID zones

Posted Dec 05, 2023 10:41 AM

The Reply given below does not work for AOS10 APs, it only works if the config group is AOS8, so my question is why would aruba remove a very useful feature like that> are they epecting us to create multiple configuration groups now? or even worse do we have to go ap by ap and select which SSID are allowed on which APs?