Controllerless Networks

MVP Expert

Re: Aruba Central account and IAP Activation key

@srinip wrote:

@Pasquale

1. Group Cloning is on the roadmap. 

2. I am unclear about the folder structure request. You should be able to sort APs from the Monitoring -> Access Points page. Please help me understand.

Under the Andrei group (attached) you can see my AP, I am referring to adding folders under Andrei. If have a 5 different locations and would like to group my APs according to location by using folders.

I can then easily navigate to the AP I want from there and it should bring me to the Access Point page.

p.s. I can never attached pictures, it always says my post exceeds 20,000 characters/...

Pasquale M. | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACCA
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Got it....let me describe the way I see your use case and you can tell me if this would suffice your requirement for now....

1. The entries you see under each group in the left hand pane are for the Virtual Controllers (VC).

2. You can click on the Virtual controller in the left hand pane and this will change the context in the main pane to be specific to that particular VC. So in other words...this would be analogous to the folder heirarchy you are mentioning.

Assuming that you have 1 cluster (1 virtual controller with multiple APs) per location...the Virtual controller entry in the left hand pane under the group..becomes your folder! This enables you to share configuration across multiple virtual controllers (within a group) while giving you the flexibility to view information on a per VC basis.

MVP Expert

Perfect. Exactly. Said it better than I did

I made the mistake of assuming those were APs to the left but yes they are VCs.

"Assuming that you have 1 cluster (1 virtual controller with multiple APs) per location...the Virtual controller entry in the left hand pane under the group..becomes your folder! This enables you to share configuration across multiple virtual controllers (within a group) while giving you the flexibility to view information on a per VC basis."
The group then would be for the customer and the VCs below it will be for individual locations for that customer. What happens if I don't name my VC appropriately and leave the default.
I have no way of identifying which VC is for which location.

If I had:
Group A
Site A
VC
Site B
VC
This would allow greater granularity.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,
Pasquale
ACDX #420 | ACCA
Aruba Employee

It does...we will definitely consider it. 

Thanks for the feedback!

New Contributor

Still can't add devices...  I am sure someone is working on it and all but maybe they could post some status updates?  

Contributor II

I cant add devices either, I'm getting the "failed to add device" messages as well.

Solutions Engineer
CWNA-CWDP-ACMP-ACCP
MVP Expert

Has anyone noticed that when you remove a license from an AP, it takes a very long time for that AP to become unmanaged?

It has been 20 min since I removed the license from Central and I still cannot make any changes on the AP itself
ACDX #420 | ACCA
MVP Expert

Still not manageable.
Since rebooting the AP via the CLI is allowed (not allowed in the webui)
I rebooted it and now I can manage it.
ACDX #420 | ACCA
New Contributor

I can't add devices either, I'm getting the "failed to add device" messages .

Cloud Activation Key: XAWBN3VS
Mac Address: 24:de:c6:c3:44:7d

Occasional Contributor I

Still having the same problem with Manually Add Device, got error message : "Failed to add the device."

Here is activation code and MAC Address :

N6OB3PXU
24: DE:C6:C4:A7:6F

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: