Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central - convert the IAP to controller based

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central - convert the IAP to controller based

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2014 12:33 PM

What happens if customer has purchased an Aruba Central subscription for their IAP cluster and then they convert them to controller based APs.

They are looking to put in a 7005 controller for a bit extra functionality.  Can these controllers be added to Central?  For that matter, why are they called 'cloud controllers'?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central - convert the IAP to controller based

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2014 12:36 PM
    Not currently

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central - convert the IAP to controller based

Posted Jun 27, 2014 01:52 PM

"What happens if customer has purchased an Aruba Central subscription for their IAP cluster and then they convert them to controller based APs."

If an IAP Cluster has been converted to controller-based you can remove them from Central management thus freeing up their Central subscription licenses for use by other IAPs.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central - convert the IAP to controller based

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2014 05:43 AM

I guess what I'm asking is can the subscription be cancelled, and would there be credit due back?

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central - convert the IAP to controller based

Posted Jun 30, 2014 03:38 AM

I had the same issue, no cancellation allowed but local sales can give some discount on the controller etc. Work it out with the sales.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central - convert the IAP to controller based

Posted Jun 28, 2014 06:41 AM
    Unfortunately, no.