Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP-105 & Cisco AIR-Cap 2602i-e-k9 problem

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP-105 & Cisco AIR-Cap 2602i-e-k9 problem

Posted Oct 13, 2014 11:17 AM

Hello!

There are two almost identical wireless networks at a location (one formed by 4 x IAP-105 and one formed by 4 x Cisco AIR-Cap 2602i-e-k9 APs). These APs are located  at a distance of about 3-4 metres from one another (one Cisco, one Aruba)

There have been complaints about devices being disconnected and then automatically reconnecting (even when not moving around). The signal is fluctuating A LOT (static or moving around).

I'm almost certain that the Cisco WiFi is causing this (even though ARM is activated). The problem is the client is forced to keep Cisco active therefore Cisco wireless cannot be shut down for a while so we can observe the bevahior of the Aruba network without the interferences caused by the Aironet devices.

What can I try in this situation? Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP-105 & Cisco AIR-Cap 2602i-e-k9 problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 06:22 AM

The access points should be 20 meters apart so that they do not interfere with each other.  That is probably the first thing that you need to do.  You could have a genuine RF issue outside of that.