Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP-105 going down when internet is down

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP-105 going down when internet is down

Posted Aug 23, 2019 02:32 PM

Good afternoon,

This is a problem I have never noticed before since our internet really doesn't go down very much. These past two days, there was a major break in the fiber to our ISP so we were down hard. It seems that when we were down, our Aruba's also went down and our wireless didn't work. This doesn't make sense to me unless there is a setting that ties our intranet Arubas with whether the internet is up or down.  Anyway, I wanted to put this out there since everything is working fine again but when it wasn't, I couldn't get into anything.

Also, as per a suggestion, I manually brought down our network.  The wireless also went totally down. When the internet came up, so did the wireless. I am using a virtual controller for all 30 WAP's. I looked around for some kind of tie-in for internet but didn't find anything. On the initial login screen, there is something in the lower right corner that say "internet: detection disabled" and the thing below it says "active uplink: eth0" which never went away.

Thank you,

Kevin

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP-105 going down when internet is down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2019 10:18 PM

under your WLAN configuration, there is a setting called "out of service"

is that enabled?

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP-105 going down when internet is down

Posted Aug 31, 2019 04:37 PM

Where is this WLAN configuration at?  I've been through all my menus but don't see anything like that.  Also, what does that setting mean?

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP-105 going down when internet is down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2019 08:28 PM

you can login through the webUI of the Virtual controller.

highlight the WiFi network in question, click on Edit

under WLAN setting, click on "show advanced options"

under miscellaneous section, you'll find "Out of Service"

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP-105 going down when internet is down

Posted Sep 01, 2019 08:44 PM

OK, the Out of Service (OOS) has VPN down and None selected.

OOS time (global): 30 sec

Do I need to disable the VPN down to ensure when the internet goes down, my intranet via the wireless doesn't go down?