Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Aruba IAP-215s, trying to add mac filtering on an SSID using role based role assignment rules.

Aruba IAP-215s, trying to add mac filtering on an SSID using role based role assignment rules. There seems to be a limit of 17 rules allowed. Does anyone know of a workaround to add more rules? The SSID authenticates to corperate radius servers that are 3rd party controlled. We use additional mac filtering to restric use on a specific vlan to only engineers. I currently have this working well by using role based rules to assign role based on mac address. However, there seems to be a limit of 17 rules allowed and I am needing to allow more than this.

Highlighted

Re: Aruba IAP-215s, trying to add mac filtering on an SSID using role based role assignment rules.

You would do MAC-authentication, not assignment rules.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/Authentication/MAC_Authentication.htm

Long-term, you should consider using a policy engine like ClearPass as this setup can quickly become unmanageable.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Aruba IAP-215s, trying to add mac filtering on an SSID using role based role assignment rules.

I need to have a way to use enterprise authentication to our radius servers but do local mac filtering on this SSID. The only way I have found to do this on the IAP is to use the role based access but this solution seems to only be allowing me to add 16 MACs. I need to see if there is an IAP way to do this MAC filtering locally and authenticate to remote Radius.