Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP Mesh

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP Mesh

Posted May 02, 2019 12:25 PM

Hello all,

With Aruba IAP mesh what happens if the configuration between the mesh portal and point goes out of sync, for example if a change is made on the VC but one of the mesh points is offline will the child / point AP sync it's configuration when it comes back online? 

The network will be managed through Central.

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP Mesh

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2019 04:55 PM

Assuming the VC is not changed, the MSSID/PSK shouldn't change so once the IAP-Point comes up, it should connect with the portal and to the VC to get the new config. If that is NOT happening, TAC would be required to look in to it, but again so long as the main VC is not modified or changed (ala replacing the IAPs on the LAN side completely), then something else would be at play.

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP Mesh

Posted May 02, 2019 05:11 PM

Thanks for the reply Jerrod.

I tested this today with a couple of AP-365's running as Instant and managed by Central. I had two AP-365's, one connected to a switch with internet connectivity, the other AP-365 was connected to a switch to provide power only. The mesh point AP wasn't configured with Eth 0 bridging as downlink bridging was not needed and the mesh link never came up. 

Extended SSID was disabled and normally this is all that is needed to get this running but but not today. I will do some more testing then raise to TAC if needed.